1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sterling thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 28, 2014.

1. I didn't split hairs on that. I pretty much said F anyone who was told about what was going on, and did nothing to stop it. They put the reputation of their football program ahead of the lives of children. Those people were seriously wrong.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry, I must have you confused with another Ped Head.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Funny, I have heard alot of black people say that exact same thing. Racist bastards!
    The most anti black hateful rant I have ever heard was a black former marine in Louisiana "discussing" how the lazy welfare collecting porch sitters made him look bad. What the old guy said does not cause my "offended" radar to go off at all. He probably could have said it in a more politically correct way but he is 82 and doesnt give a fuck. At least he wasnt one of those pussies that offers up an insincere apology and tries to massage hurt feelings.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What if the guy had said "a few years ago, Obama would have been getting us coffee"?
    Would that line mean a full-on witch hunt, burn at the stake for the racist?

5. I didn't go there. Actually, my dad went to Pitt, and I grew up when that was still a big rivalry, so I was raised to hate the shittney lions.:D

6. No one's being burned at the stake, but I'm not sure what that statement in your fictitious quote would even imply. Does it just mean that Obama is more suited for serving coffee than running the country? If that was the case, and it had nothing to do with his race, then I wouldn't have a problem with someone saying that.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Well the quote isn't exactly fictitious, but I wanted to get a feel for what exactly this re-written definition of racism is.
    Thanks.

8. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

It's not fictitious.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes.

I know a guy who was written up because he said he found gay male sex to be gross. This was not offered up out of the blue either. He was asked the question at group dinner by a gay colleague who was not reprimanded for anything.

What you say does not matter. Only the perception of what you say counts because to any torch carrying mob, perception is reality.

10. There's nothing new, or re-written. There's a ton of history behind the N word, and none of it is good. Slavery, lynchings, rape, segregation, etc.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't forget hip hop and trash talk.:D <stir, stir>

12. In that setting, he probably should have answered slightly differently, but I don't think saying gay sex is gross is the same as being homophobic. Sex in general can be gross. Personally, I think all dudes are gross. I don't like the smell of them, etc., but I have no problem with gay people.

13. Believe me, as I was typing my post, I fully expected someone to make this comment.:D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe if you dressed more stylishly.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's the good "N" word.
    Along with terms of endearment like bitch and ho.
    All done in a loving, mutually respectful way by men of the world who welcome and love all and who would never say a hurtful thing.
    Truly love and tolerance personified.
    And they're revered for it.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

$2 billion off a $12 million investment...Now that is a good ROI!!!!!

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

can't argue that.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poor man. The "lynch mob" really ruined his life. :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Some of the early estimates placed the team value somewhere between one and one point two billion. He picked up another 80 to 100% on the controversy.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe Forbes' estimates was $550 million when this whole thing started.