Star Wars Spoiler Thread - Don't Click if you don't wanna know

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought I read that's supposed to come out in 2016/ 2017.

Got out. Don't f@ck with the Fett.

The phone is ringing and the clock says four A.M.
    If it's your friends, well I don't want to hear from them
    Please leave your number and a message at the tone
    Or you can just go on and leave me alone

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

honestly, no, I missed it. Hearing is a tad less than perfect, what with racing and shit.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Has that been confirmed? I didn't think they had announced the next anthology film.

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

So Fett was able to escape the creature that was supposed to hold Jedi Luke?

6. Lawn Dart

Ask Disney, they're the ones who proposed the idea... I thought it was dumb too.

If memory serves, Jabba said victims were digested over 1000 years, so I suppose it is/was possible...

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Fett is a bad ass, he could escape the gravitational pull of kim kardashian's ass, a giant eaty hole in the desert would be child's play.

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Do you remember who Anakin's father is in that abomination known as Episode 1?
    Why can't Rey be the same?

My money is she's a Skywalker, the writers are not that inventive (yet), though the universe popping out a bad ass Force balancer on its own seems to be a better story line.
    Anakin was the chosen one, a prophecy.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

"That's no moon..."

Lawn Dart likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

With as many rehashed plot lines from the previous films.....what's one more right? The immaculate conception of Rey. But she still have to be birthed from someone's womb....

11. Lawn Dart

12. bleacht

There was a lot of "feeling" in that person's post and not a whole lot of evidence. I was shocked to see that it wasn't a woman who had typed it.

13. Lawn Dart

I mean, there's not gonna be direct "evidence", but the parallels were there, and enough of them to be more than just coincidence.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

it would be an amusing twist

15. bleacht

I agree. Thanks for the link with the movie release dates, I had no idea.:beer:

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I still say they're using the books as "inspiration". Han's kid did go to the dark side, and Luke did have a kid (though a son...) with a force goin' woman.

Personally, I don't see why they didn't just make movies based off the books. They're good.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So Disney could get out of paying royalties to the various authors maybe?

18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how that would work. If Disney owns all rights to Star Wars, then technically the books should have paid royalties to Star Wars franchise owners, not the other way around.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they will suck the soul out of Star Wars in their quest for every last penny and dont want past "history" to interfere with their new movies. They can create grand stories and character interactions without having to double check dozens of books and comics to make sure they are cannon.

I mean, why was Batman rebooted....again? So they can now start the whole Justice League so they can once again, drain every last penny out of DC Universe the way Marvel is whoring out Avengers....

Sucks for the fans as the Universe that they immersed themselves into and invested time and money just went poof! "What, Santa is not real!?"

19. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

20. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Obi-Wan and Queen Amidala had a lovechild. That lovechild gave birth to Rey...my guess anyway

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016