1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS lines for SGXR 750 '06

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ScottyJFZ1, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

I ordered a SS Speigler brake line but when I got it its about 2-3 inches shorter than the one on my bike.

It might just fit but I have vortex rearsets so if I wanted to change the peg position I cannot do it. So my question is is their another line from another bike I should order or just let them know I need it longer?

Just curious if there was some secret code for ordering SS brake lines when your bike has adjustable rear sets.

Thanks in advance

Scotty J.

2. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Best to contact Speigler. They probably have the exact answer to your question.

3. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

When I switched to Vortex rearsets, the SS line I had was about too long. Swapped it out, piece of cake.

There's no secret code, but deviations from stock equipment might require lines different from stock. I'm sure Spiegler can handle it. If not or you don't want to wait for a custom line, give Trackstar or MOPowersports a shout and tell them you want a custom Venhill line. They should be able to take care of you right away. You can either tell them how the lines you need differ from stock, or simply give the specs you want.

4. frekeyguy

frekeyguy Well-Known Member

how much shorter is it?

why not order a line or buy one used that's about 2-3 inches longer? just zip tie it....

5. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

Scotty,
    Just let us know that you need a line 2 or 3 inches longer than stock and we can make it; there is no extra charge. Aftermarket rearsets put the rear master cylinder often in a different position; so the brake line has to be altered; that can also mean that you might need a different fitting at the master cylinder. As I say, just let the us know when ordering.
    Good luck this season
    Matthias

6. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Well now I know that I should have mentioned that I needed a longer line or that I had Vortex rearsets.

I reordered one that is 2 inches longer...but the guy at STG said they cannot really return the one I already bought so I have it up for sale. He said something like Speigler has several that they have in inventory from returns and since its a custom ordered piece tough to return. Also I did notice that my current brakeline near the rearset was not in between the 2 prongs...is that a big deal?

So I am selling it for a little cheaper than what I had to pay to try and recoup my $$$$ $50 shipped or picked up should fit standard rear sets...for GSXR 750

Attached Files:

7. chrison600

Oh man, that's too bad that they won't let you return it.

As far as the prongs, I'm assuming you're talking about the banjo fitting guides on the body of the master cylinder? It won't necessarily be a bad thing to not have them within the prongs, as long as the line routes comfortably and there's no stress on it under suspension movement. Maybe when the new line arrives it will route better?

8. gerontiev

gerontiev Well-Known Member

I'll buy this if it fits an 08 GSXR 750 I think they would be the same.I don't know how to check.

9. chrison600

It should work (as long as you don't have any mods)...

From Ron Ayers:

'06 PN: 69480-01H00
    '08 PN: 69480-01H00

10. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

It was about 1 to 2 inches too short with my Vortex rearsets...

If you want I can measure it tonight and give you the length...thereofre all you need to do is compare it to your stock line...

Scotty J.

11. chrison600

That's actually a good idea Scotty. Maybe it was shorter than the stock line to begin with?

12. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

well I do not have a stock line to compare it too? The line I had was a Goodrich SS line that cracked open when i went down at CMP...

even if i do measure it ...I ahve no idea how long a stock line is...

Scotty J.

13. chrison600

If you were just able to post the Spiegler length, gerontiev could compare it to his stock line and go from there. Make sure you post where you take the measurements from. I usually ask for bolt center to bolt center or crimp to crimp, but you could do total length too, including banjos. Things get a little cloudy when you have 90deg banjos or banjos with long throats, but this case should be straightforward...

14. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Ok from banjo end to banjo end it is 24 3/8" long

There are no 90 degree beds or anything so it accurate.

15. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Bump...still available...

16. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD