SPEED CELL technologies supersport battery

Discussion in 'General' started by bcc, Jan 4, 2009.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ohhh...yeah....they work great. :)

3. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Would the Supersport battery work in race 675 Triumph's?

4. Eye-p

Eye-p Full Spectrum Power

No. The newer 675's might be able to get away with using it, as they changed the starter reduction gear, but I think your 2006 is still the older style.
    In truth, the Supersport battery is really only for use in 600 or smaller bikes. If you are running a kit generator in a 600 we recommend you run the Superbike system.

5. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

oh crap that sucks, I really liked the price of the SS.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

7. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Do NOT put a lithium cell battery on a trickle charger.
    If you bring the battery indoors for the winter, it should last just fine.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

No. I charged it when I first got it even though it did not need and have not touched it since.

9. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

Ken! Where you been man? Haven't seen you post here for awhile. What streetable hardware do you own lately? I noticed that Venom51's avatar indicates that he rules the mountains and he's in Cumming. I don't believe I've ever met him face to face but wouldn't know it for sure. He's probably passed me up there. We ought to get together and do a little Nawth Gawja ridin' soon (when that 14 inches of fresh snow melts that is).

10. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

11. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. jhelmuth on that thread is about to sell them as almost complete kits for $72 bucks! Gotta love American entrepreneurship.

12. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

I've got the Supersport battery and need to charge it...

anyone got a good way to charge these batteries....eye-p??

13. Eye-p

Eye-p Full Spectrum Power

14. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

will do!

Thanks!

15. 600killer

600killer Well-Known Member

16. bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347 Major League Infidel

While I think these are sweet, and I would love to have one... The extra 6 lbs on the battery is not what slows me down. And if it came down to 6 lbs, I would lose that on my own (but doubt I could lose more than 10 given my size). The real thing I like about those is the size, and space savings you have in today's tiny tail sections that are already overcrowded with electronics.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Don't think of it just in terms of the 6lbs. of weight. Think also about where that weight sits on the chassis of most machine. It's usually above the center line of the bike from the ground and towards the rear of the chassis. So removing that weight moves the CG forward and down. It's not only important that you are removing weight but also where the weight is located.

18. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

that's not the whole pack complete just sodered together.. you would still have to put your own 8ga wires on it.

19. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

You have to go and get so technical with all of it. :rolleyes:

These are cool batteries, I have two of them, one SS and one SBK.

The SBK battery starts the high compression Duc just fine as does the SS battery with the stock bike.

Plus... Jason's a good guy to deal with. :beer:

20. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

:confused: