1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of riders and teams

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Sep 18, 2020.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Well I'm back home after being half way to barber. I got in a crash/accident and had to come back home.

So on the long slow trip home, I was thinking..

I don't like Hayden Gillum at all. But we need to see and have more riders and more talent on the grid. I would absolutely like to see Attack Performance and yamaha put a 600 together and put Hayden Gillum on it for a year, then move him up to stk1000.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

.....aaaaand I'm assuming you'll be footing the bill for said services then? :oops:

BTW, sorry about your traffic misfortunes...bummer.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

$300k was what I heard to contest SBK from an independant rider

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Attack seems to not be doing to bad on that side of things..

Not SBK. But SSP

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

There's some offset in advertising dollars being easier to get for SBK though.

MA should have the stats, but I'm guessing the amount of eyes on a SBK bike vs a SSP is 3x+. Not sure about SSTK due to the mixed classes.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

One of the biggest issues I've heard from people that want to field teams is that riders expect the teams to fully fund and find sponsors instead of working with the teams to do so.. not saying the people in the op are like that at all just saying that it's a factor in some people that don't have rides.

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

I think he's doing flat track

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Why the dislike of Hayden?

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I was putting together a team of missing and available riders, I'd put Eslick and Jake Lewis on SBK and Gilliam and May in SSTk1000.