1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of foundation repair....I-10 bridge fire

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Nov 13, 2023.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey @Boman Forklift and the rest of you LA area peeps....Who's working from home for a few months?

What a mess traffic will be.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

WTF? Did no one learn anything after the I85 fire..you don't store flammables under bridges...geezus.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Link? These shit posts are getting super lazy! I don't wanna search for anything related to that state, might infect my phone.

borislav and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

socalrider likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Are you talking about the I95 fire in Philly? If so, they got that repaired in record time….

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well all the homeless gotta camp somewhere.

tl1098 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

I85 in ATL had a gas tanker fire ruin a bridge like in Philly.

The one in LA was a storage facility under the freeway. doh.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's California. Learning from mistakes is not exactly their strength.

gonriding, evakat, mike w and 3 others like this.
  9. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Too bad much of the country follows their lead,misery loves company I guess.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

@Britt is referring to the GADOT storage yard filled with PVC pipe that caught fire under I-85 just north of downtown.

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

OH yeah that was some storage wasnt it....Usually these are tanker wrecks. At least the one in GA was temporary storage. I think the one in LA was a permanent storage. I know I used to a U-store under the 5/8 interchange in SD. Not much you can build under those so they do something with that land.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

In this case what came first the storage facility or the overpass?

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Yep, I was working right off that exit at the time. Took them a month or two to repair the overpass. Didn't get to witness the fire, I was out of town that week. Pretty sure homeless folks and bong fires were blamed as the ignition source of the PVC pipes stored there by the GADOT.

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

It's a disaster. My gal and her parents own a sought out Meat Market near the USC campus. Usually, it's a 25 min hike from her place to the store, this AM it took close to two hours.

The fire started by way of a pallet company catching fire, they fail to mention the enormous homeless population that made mini mansions underneath the highways.

gixer1100 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, so far they are saying it has nothing to do with homeless encampments. But it was cold this weekend for S. Cal, dipped into the 40's Sat night, so I bet it was the homeless.

16. ChemGuy

Dont worry...those SC a*holes will drive hours for a

[​IMG]

Also sorry your GF's business is in da' hood and she has to drive hours now.

Go Bruins!!!

Circacee likes this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Jeeezus that must have been a hellava bong.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's legal...

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

After the Atl I-85 fire Homeland Security was to do an exhaustive investigation of storage under Overpass's and such, Our Transportation Secretary was to make sure things like this NEVER Happened Again...as shutting down Road Ways was a "Danger to Supply Chain and National Security"...

Also that "Record Reconstruction of I-85" came at a HUGE Cost...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$