1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does that mean you're not donating again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're the only one in a box here. And I'm serious about that.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think you may have missed the point. You are not really what I would call open to other points of view either...

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Not at all and the notion that he can somehow enlighten others is beyond laughable.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ooh, I think I have a new favorite prominent post! :crackup:

Good Lord, it's a good thing you're always calm in here and have complete control of your emotions. I would hate to see how you get when assholes get under your skin.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have seen nothing workable or realistic from the almighty nobody. If we still had sanitariums, he would be the best case study history would ever give them.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I love how standing up and taking shit from you assholes makes me crazy. Please, share your almighty wisdom with us. Provide a point by point case study on what’s wrong with my idea and how you can improve upon it? Timelines and costs too if you think you have the stones.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Really? You should see the shit I deleted because it was too mean:crackup:

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:I am pretty sure HPPT is laughing at you, not with you...:Poke:

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Points of view are irrelevant. The goal is to provide the most workable solution that provides for the most overall common good. If I was greedy, selfish, and shortsighted and only cared about me and mine, I’d be right on board with the others.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Doesn’t change my response.

I know I was pissed and I can laugh with him. It’s fucking ridiculous to let an idiot like that 600rr guy get under my skin.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where?

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bullshit. Every one of you are spouting the same biased RINO lies. Not one of you has presented a workable solution to anything - it’s just status quo, kick the can down the road shit.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have proposed many possible solutions. You keep sticking to the Bernie model of fixing things...

brex and shakazulu12 like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why is it “beyond laughable”? Every single interaction is a potential opportunity for enlightenment. Many people, yourself specifically included, have developed really narrow, seemingly angry points of view based on who knows what experiences. While it’s extremely doubtful anyone’s mind in here will get changed, there’s always a change an eye might get opened.

Something they talk about a lot on the JRE podcast is how all of our media has been dumbed down into 20 second sound bytes, a handful of idiots shouting over each other, or a clickbait headline. Nobody ever sits down and talks and tries to find a solution. It’s just “me me me, scare scare scare, me me me” then once they get into office it’s “fuck off, business as usual”. No compromise, no solution, no improvement. That’s what’s happening here. I try to talk about an issue and it devolves into monkeys slinging shit within the first page. Sad.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, I do not. But just like I posted above, you don’t want to discuss anything, you want to slap the most convenient label on it and dismiss it.

Bernie Sanders wants to send everyone to college for free. All I want to do is undo the damage caused by the government getting involved in the first place, stop the easy loans, then allow competition within the free market to bring tuition rates back to the levels they should.

But you don’t want to hear that, it’s not witty or snarky. You don’t get a bunch of likes and attaboys for being a reasonable, thoughtful, respectful man.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been there discussed that and you still insist that no one will talk to you about specifics. Seriously dude, wtf is wrong with you?

Who are you calling reasonable, thoughtful and respectful?

One of Bernies things is student loan forgiveness. Same as you're saying. Make the man pay for his evils... I am not saying that you agree with all of his crazy, hell don't think even he can do that.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So because something I advocate is similar to something he advocates, albeit for different reasons and with different methods, I’m a crazy liberal who wants all of your money like he is?

See what I mean about convenient labels?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never said you were a crazy liberal like he is. I said you are sticking to the Bernie model of fixing things. He also has models for breaking things that are doing fine and models of him getting richer while spending others money and so on.

It is a convenient label about your ideas on student loan forgiveness. More similarities than differences.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don’t even know!!!!! You’re so stuck on “they borrowed it, they can pay it back” that you have not even looked into it. You don’t research a fucking thing. You just shoot from the hip.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Point of view is all this is about. You believe that what you propose would be best long term. I believe that you are incorrect and what you propose for education, health care and immigration would provide temporary relief at best and the unintended consequences would leave the economy in way worse shape than it is right now. But you have painted everyone that disagrees with you with a very broad brush and have inferred on several occasions that you are smarter than everyone else here and that we are all a bunch of dumb asses. IMO, you comes across as very opinionated, judgmental and unwilling to even consider other points of view. Being open minded is more than just announcing "I am open minded".