1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So when is Ben Spies gonna spill the beans?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Hell hath no fury like a determined racer.

I don't know if he can win races on that bike or not, but I'd be willing to bet that he will be a podium contender on a regular basis.

Spies does not strike me as a quiter. Also, I think he will be extra determined to smoke Dovi.

Great move for Spies. He will be the undisputed #1 on that team, I think he will thrive.

2. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Dovi's results got him the factory seat, I feel like him and Nicky agreed to their deals before Ben knew which way he really wanted to go...

On a related note, the pic of Ben on the RRW post is looking scary! Seriously, I'm thinking putting 10 pounds on would be a good thing... The shot they ran makes him look like a bobble head!

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Glad it worked out for him to stay in MotoGP.
    Gotta admit tho that I always kind of laughed at how bad the Pramac bikes have done (and I am a huge Ducati fan)...
    I really hope he has a good crew and the bike develops well with him on it.
    Go Ben!

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

As noted many weeks ago...

"Spies to Ducati."

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Noted way before that was Spies to BMW and Spies not racing and so on. Just because you picked the one rumor that panned out doesn't mean at the time it was a better rumor than the rest :D

6. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Dovi's results got him the factory seat, I feel like him and Nicky agreed to their deals before Ben knew which way he really wanted to go...

On a related note, the pic of Ben on the RRW post is looking scary! Seriously, I'm thinking putting 10 pounds on would be a good thing... The shot they ran makes him look like a bobble head!

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It was because the WSBK rumors were dumb.

Besides, I say a lot of outlandish shit and some of it costs me hundreds to the AF... so when I get one right... well :D

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

2012 Has been rough for Ben. Looks like 2013 might be even rougher sad to say. Good luck though!

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I'm in the I'm stoked group.

David

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay serious question time for all of you saying how much worse it'll be at Pramac than this year.

What in the hell are you basing that on? Have any of the Pramac bikes this year blown up? Collapsed their suspension? Had cracked/bent frames the team didn't see? Any of the other issues that the FACTORY Yamaha team has had all season long?

Unless Pramac has been the clusterfuck that has happened this year there is absolutely no way it'll be worse. Running slow because the bike is slow is not anywhere near as big a deal as running fast and having it blow up or break.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just curious, are all the dire predictions based on Rossi's suckage?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good suggestion...let's hope it's ALL of it

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

This would seem to be pretty accurate.

I hope Audi helps with the engine.

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Uccio's unite! It's got to be the bike! Everybody now.....

17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Like all of us, its his job in life to make a living that supports his lifestyle, family, etc. Maybe he got a nice job offer for the Duc and took it in an effort to achieve the goal of supporting himself and maintaining his life. If he did, good on him.

His shelf life, like that of any pro racer, is short and there is a point in every racers career where income becomes an equal consideration to accolade. Also take his current life into account. He has a beautiful little home in Italy and another in Dallas. Both homes sit on lakes surrounded by great cycling. Maybe getting up and having a doppio and doing the ton on the pedal bike outweighed a year of riding around America in an RV.

As someone said earlier, Ben has nothing to prove in motorcycling. Younger/faster riders are coming, as always. Best make a good living while you can.

Ben made a decision that was best for his life. True fans of his should respect him for it and support the new trajectory of his career.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Wow....Hayden, Dovi, Spies, Iannone.
    That's a pretty talented team!
    What's that, 3 world championships from 3 different riders, in 3 different classes?

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Cast the bait and see if anything is biting... :D

20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful, but somehow this feels like watching a good player spend all season injured and then get traded to the Browns. He may have a good season, but historically the ceiling isn't very high.