1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow peeps - recommend ski pants

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Dec 5, 2020.

1. 2Roger10

2Roger10 Well-Known Member

don't worry about ski pants, make sure you have a helmet with a GoPro on it so we can all see your 1st run!! :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lost my brand new hero7 running the powder in the woods off the trails at Loveland last year :/. Was a knee deep powder day on the trails so that thing was gone in the woods :(. Bought a Max for this year lol.

BigBird likes this.
  3. 2Roger10

2Roger10 Well-Known Member

I took a gamble on a "knockoff " camera. Bought a Akaso EK7000 for $75...yes you read that correctly, lol The thing works flawless. Great pictures, records video in 4K. Came with all kinds of mounts and waterproof cases, a remote that mounts like a watch. I figured for $75 if I got a season or 2 out of it before it was garbage no big deal, but I'm going on 4 years now and it still works fine.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

camera tether for the win! Ski

BigBird likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I ski in pretty cold conditions up here and found that a 30$ pair of Sunice snow pants bought from Costco do an amazing job.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Just don't Schumacher yourself though.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Is that the new term for a Sonny Bono?

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or Sonny Bono, Natasha Richardson, Michael Kennedy or the several other celebrities killed while skiing.

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Well, Michael Schumacher domed himself while wearing a GoPro and became a vegetable, hence the reference.

11. Quicktoy

I tried that guy and it’s good but the hero 7 and up internal gimbals make them soooo smooth.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

There have been studies that show people that wear helmets are more likely to get serious injuries. Not because helmets are more dangerous, but people do riskier things once they put the helmet on. So a mix of a helmet plus self control is the safest way to go if you're into safety and all.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

I am that guy.

14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

you're going to love it. MAX was made for skiing/snowboarding ... and motoing

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Oh I can’t wait. I bought the max grip. We ready to roll. Now hopefully Colorado doesn’t shut down in the next two weeks.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Agreed on wearing shit gear.

My kid had Spyder jackets (and other euro brands) in the past. The euro cut worked best for her.

I have a mix of Marmot, some North Face (needed summer rain gear and that's what they had), Mountain Hardware and some others. Marmot works well for me but the Mountain Harware is tough to beat for the cut and price. MH is far from the best but for me, it's tough to beat. :)

I tried some other brands like Montane, Solstice (no idea if they are still around) and Mammut and the Solstice was okay but the rest, meh at best.

17. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Growing up with family in Wilkes Barre and Scranton, Camelback, Jack Frost/Big Boulder and Elk were my stompin grounds. Once able to drive, Hunter was my daily (mid-week) go to!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! They were a bit longer of a drive for me but all fun.

I liked Vernon Valley/ Great Gorge over in Joisey. Ski it mid week and you avoided the NY/ NJ let's fight crowds.

Added bonus was it was Class Action Park so damn near everything went at the time. :crackup:

There was a lot of small places that were fun to hit just to do something. Tanglewood, Masthope and some other small places that were under an hour drive for me and during the week were pretty clear of crowds. Tiny but fun.

BigBird likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Always

20. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Fishing line is your friend.