1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smashed in Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by timspeed, Jan 7, 2001.

1. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I crashed at Nelson Ledges on july 30th at a mid atlantic regional race. It was the formula 2 race and I was in third place when I came in too hot on the last lap in the last pair of turns. I almost wrecked because my back tire came up under braking, but I let off and went off track. At around sixty I hit a gofer hole of some kind and went over the bars. I had my handlebar in my hand when I stopped tumbling. My bike was twenty or so feet behind. Needless to say if anybody has footage or photos of this it would make a great momento for my grandkids someday when I whine too much about achey bones. Yes the 125 with the rising sun all over it! See ya next year guys. [​IMG]

2. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Tim,

Did you still cross the finish line? According to the results you still got sixth. Not bad for a broken handlebar. [​IMG]
    http://www.wera.com/results/2000/nelson073000.html

Formula 2 Expert
    1 404 Daniel Josephs
    2 18 Jason Peters
    3 378 Robert D. Nees
    4 16 Steve Clark
    5 400 Edmund Lewis
    6 167 Tim P. Carroll

3. timspeed

Right-o, That was on 7-2-00 weekend. I almost cried when it happened. They said the bike had to cross the finish on its own power. After I wrecked, I jumped up and drug the bike down the straight to get my points but didn't know that rule. [​IMG]

4. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I'm confused.

Did you DNF on 7/2 or 7/30.
    You got 6th on 7/30??

5. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

I think Tim crashed both weekends but did not know to carry his 125 over the line on the 7-02??? Maybe? At least he does not ride a TL1000R :)

6. timspeed

It's all a big blur at this point! I know I crashed out of one of the ohio races in formula-2 in the second to last turn. If anyone has a picture I just might be able to make sense of it all!!?# Until then I'll just keep scratching my head and mumbling about the SVs I almost caught.
    Thanks for responses [​IMG]