Slicks in A Superstock classes for 2012??

Discussion in 'General' started by eagletangogreen, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Run slicks in A superstock?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2012.
  1. Yes run slicks

70.8%
  2. No keep it as is

29.2%
  1. eagletangogreen

eagletangogreen Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get the opportunity to run Slicks in all the A classes next year? It would definitely save me from buying two set of tires every race weekend.

I'd like to hear what you A class RIDERS think about this?:up:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Never happen

:)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I've been getting information on this and talked to reps from 3 of the 4 tire companies at Barber about it and it is already going to happen :D

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

What you got against the other classes mr original poster? Slicks for everyone!

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Awesome!
    IMO-it's a great thing for the racers as budgets are tight and this will actually save most of us money.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have to get more info but I'm leaning towards everything but the 600's since there is a good market for take offs from the 600's.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aren't you going to ask about HWT? :D

8. eagletangogreen

eagletangogreen Well-Known Member

Yes!!

You made my day brother!!

Drinks on me at the GNF!!!:beer:

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I think it's a great idea, there isn't the spread there used to be between dot's and slicks so why not. It will just make things a little easier for everyone I would think.

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No ...well .... not yet Lol... Plans for next year might not have me in the HWT's but who knows!

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

OOOHHH. That would help me out since I have really good SV slicks and they cost what everybody's DOT's cost.

Nice.

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Mongo

Can you elaborate on the decision? Im all for cost cutting but how does slicks in SS make sense?

13. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Good call. That would be cool. I know a lot of guys that skip SS races just because they don't want to spend another $500 on a set of DOT's. It isn't going to change the racing....but I can see how it would save some guys money.

14. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Do the 600's too, slick takeoffs are just as easy to sell as DOT takeoffs to trackday people.

15. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking :D

Anyone wanna buy some Michelins Power Race 160s? :crackup:

16. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Great as far as everything is concerned. Especially $$$.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In ASS it's the only DOT class for the 1k's. Slicks last longer although they do cost more. I already went to slicks in the old farts class and it just doesn't make a lot of sense to have one on class for a DOT tire on a 1k. All it really does is cost the riders more if they want to run ASS - so a number don't bother.

On the Twins, essentially the same deal. It's not like the SV's ride up to HWT. I may not even have HWTSS next year but that's going to be a call after a lot of research. It's time to look at paring down some stuff so we quit taking a chance at cutting laps and possibly can make some regional stuff a hair longer lap wise - but as I said, that's another day.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the intent. We are all hurting right now and if I can save riders enough so they can spend more with us then I'll do it. The tire guys were all actually happy about it too, they may sell a few less sets overall but they also won't have to stock them for our stuff.

20. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Please make it happen for 600's too. Id really like to run the US dunlop slick but want to run SS classes also.

Track day dweebs love getting buying balled up slicks!