1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY VR46 SUZUKI?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Arguably the Best bike that'll be available to lease in 2022. I'd bet on it. . .

or Petronas Suzuki.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and ShadowBoxer like this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Brivio brought Vale to Yamaha, so there's some history.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well brivio has a relationship with Rossi so that probably helps matters for vr46

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Petronas comes in with big bucks, represents a key market for motorcycles and the team has a very similar approach to the Factory Suzuki team. Match made in heaven for Suzuki.

Rossi brings dorna lease money and the old man who won't actually race a suzuki.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I wish I could see Rossi on that Suzuki. It has everything he's asked for at Yamaha. More power, rear grip, and conserves the tire. I think that would be a match made in heaven, and even though he still shows strongly as a rider, I think it would show he has more left than people think. Like, consistently on the podium.

9. noles19

Rossi brings Rossi

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought Suzuki already said no to Petronas, and yes to Pramac or Avintia, or one of the other Duc teams.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rossi is 5 to 6 years past being Rossi.

Pramac is never leaving Ducati and Avintia will not exist in motogp in 2022.

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

On the track...correct.

In the paddock....attracting fans and money...he's still Rossi. The merchandise still available in the store at MotoGP.com
    tells that story. He's still a very significant part of the overall Business Plan.

13. noles19

Not from a marketing stand point which is why I'm referring to

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Rossi is already in at Avintia/Esponsorama. It makes too much sense to take the only 3rd-tier team on the grid and move it to a diff factory to be a 2nd-tier team.

noles19 likes this.
  15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Didn’t Rossi sign a lifetime agreement with Yamaha when he went back from Ducati?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He takes their grid spots, moves up his moto3 team, some of his moto2 crew and gets Yamahas.

As for Rossi and marketing, he'll make more doing that if he stays with Yamaha. His going to Suzuki and finishing outside of the top 5 is not going to do much for them.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's the rumor.