1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone tire failures

Discussion in 'General' started by ductune, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

The British F1 GP is on right now. They are blowing tires like crazy. Always the right rear. 4 so far.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think I remember at least two of them being left side. Anyway, major embarrassment for Pirelli.

3. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Yep, It's the left side not right. I think the last one was a harder compound as well. They are looking at the inside shoulders for cuts. They think they are cutting them when they hit the curbs.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder if they still have an amazing military airshow before this race? Probably an hour long and centered over the grandstands. It was very cool:up:

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, crazy stuff. Feel bad for Hamilton.
    Cheers, Lee S.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm still in awe of 2.5 second pit stops...

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The Force India crew did two 3 second stops within five seconds of each other. Very impressive, they had two sets of tires out there ready to go and two front jack guys that alternated.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Great ending, battles everywhere.

9. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

one of the best races of the year

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man, the last 6 laps had everything a racing fan could want! Even another tire blow out! :p

The post race press conference with Hembery was pretty funny, dude looked totally uncomfortable...

11. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

( in my best local redneck voice )

Hooooooooly Skunk sway-yut :p

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fuggin bs man. When Hamilton's tire went he was right at the bridge thankfully he caught it.

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Pirelli better get it right next race. Boycott talk if they don't.

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

They had their hands tied with limits on testing, which was just lifted last I heard.

15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Very different reactions (at least publicly) from the F1 drivers vs. the AMA racers when tire failures occur.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. thrak410

How do you use a tire wrong? lol... I can understand jumping curbs, or having bodywork to tight and rubbing on in high G corners, but what else is there? Too much camber?

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

tire pressures?

19. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

20. thrak410

Ahh some teams were flipping tires from side to side... makes more sense now.