School me on SUV brakes

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Mar 21, 2020.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Why, does she want to pull stoppies coming up to lights/stop signs?

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Broome factor.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

This is because Honda makes some really nice pads. I prefer those on the wife’s acura and boy’s accord. Rotors I went with brembo with good results.

Powerstop makes nice rotors as well.

4. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I ordered the Powerstop rotor and pad kit. Thanks all for the advice.

5. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Seems like I used to receive a flyer from Tire Rack with high performance braking systems.

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Thats mostly what we use. Looked up powerstops for my truck and about fell out of my chair, even at wholesale price.

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I put an R1 Concepts Kit on my Tundra front and rear. Look good, work great but I HATE how much dust their pads generate.

8. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Centric premium rotors and centric posi-quiet or PQ-Pro. You'll most likely have to get them online as opposed to local store.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

I installed Stoptech slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads on my Liberty and am very happy. Stoptech has a bunch of levels. Plain, slotted, cryo treated. I wouldn’t bother with the cryo as that’s supposed to stop warping but my rotors never warped and I punish brakes. I actually just installed another set of front pads and the rotors were in great shape. Can’t turn them because they are slotted but there is no vibration or pulsation. I don’t like EBC car pads. Everyone I know that has installed them finds out they eat rotors. Those pads may last forever but I’d rather replace pads than rotors.

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I thought the powerstop stuff was awesome but about 20k miles later they warped worse than oem

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Tirerack...i bought 2 sets of pads..there fine. And they came to me.
    That might not be the case in the current shipping climate.