1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on 2 post lifts

Discussion in 'General' started by skidooboy, Oct 27, 2022.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Have new barn, 14 foot tall walls, have reinforced concrete, and extra depth around where the install would be. largest vehicle I would lift is our 2017 gmc 2500 crew. just for oil changes, tire rotations, etc... tired of crawling around on the floor. would like wide enough to drive through, so I can store a 7x16 enclosed trailer, where it resides, when not in use. would like drive through, smooth at floor area (no bottom cross connector). looking for pluses, minuses, best brands that dont break the bank, pricing, delivery to michigan etc. and.... go! Ski

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

9k asymmetric two post lift. Had a Rotary 12k symmetric, held my dually up fine when I did the clutch, couldn’t fit the whale tail between the lift posts though so if you’ve got wider than say 80” or so you’ll not fit between the posts.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@TLR67

marc will hook you up. I just got updated pricing on a 9k lift from him today. If you have priced lifts you will be very happy with the prices he can get.

I put one in my uncles place last year. Works great...no complaints.

edit…I see a 10k lb lift with 104” drive thru clearance…that’s pretty wide probably your max drive thru in a smaller lift.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    BC, skidooboy, TLR67 and 1 other person like this.
  4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I have Rotary 9k asymmetric, works great. I lift my chevy 2500 but only to get wheels off the ground. I don't trust it for going all the way up with truck :)
    My can also be set up with different width. I have my at narrower setup, 8' in between posts, 94" between arms.
    You better measure your trailer and check lift width down by arm pivots if drive through is must.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Interested in this thread, as well. I should've bought a lift 30 years ago. Thinking a 4 post might be more to my liking. Lifting everything from a F350 diesel dually long bed to a corvette. Not sure I would trust a 2 poster with the truck.

6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Bought an Atlas 2 post 2 yrs ago. For the non commercial garage, it's perfect. Was $4600 Canadian, delivered to my door. 104in between the narrowest part. 10,000lb capacity. Stacking risers lift pads.
    Been very happy with it. 20221028_081901.jpg

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I second hitting Marc up. He hooked me up with a nice tire machine recently and it was a smooth transaction.