Satellite signals at racetracks

Discussion in 'General' started by tazrider, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nuttin but love for ya....in Putter/Papa sweaty panting sorta way. :D

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Just moved and now have all HD boxes. Can't get signal w/the standard dish. Guess I need an HD dish?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and probably should have them install it, lot more in depth on the aiming to hit all the sats properly.

4. sowega

sowega #710

The next time you shit the bed in front of me, I'm hitting you purely on principle. All the PBR in the world won't help you explain to your friends how an EX250 caught up with you, much less hit you. :crackup:

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

This is like the fourth post I've read on here concerning me and Papa bumpin uglies. Don't you guys ever fantasize about chicks?

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes...in the last 4 posts you've read.

7. If you have ALL HD boxes they might have converted your system to a SWM system. if this is the case it's trying to acquire an RF signal(SWM) not a voltage system (legacy).

Check the settings on the box. hit the "Dash" button on the botton left of the remote. If it says SWiM connected then you can't use those boxes on an 18' dish unless you do some setting changes.

Hook the box to your 18' dish, menu - setup setup setup, repeat sat setup, then change it to a dish type 1 (18" dish). Take note of your current setting. probably a SWM3 or SWM5. now arrow right goto signal meter and align the dish. Once the signal is on, go BACK a screen then, continue. ignore the red X's

Then go into menu/setup/display/preferences "Hide HD channels" or "Show all channels"