Salvage title Mustang

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicoz, Feb 11, 2023.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Even at ~3K miles a year? I don't think it'll be driven very much, tbh.

Good call. These are the details I don't know to ask about.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

If that was an total insurance loss, it was sold at a salvage auction on a salvage certificate. In order to be determined road worthy, it need to go through an enhanced inspection to get to R title status. Whoever rebuilt it needed to provide pictures of the repairs and invoices to the inspector. Go for that and you'll have all the info you need. Whoever inspected that will have records on how bad the damage was, what it cost to fix and who did the work.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

3k or 30k miles per year, it will still be a Nissan and every failure will be expensive and expensiver.

I’d buy a used Volvo before I’d buy a used Nissan, and I ain’t buying a used Volvo.

Once a Wanker.. and 969 like this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its a Nissan.... never again Nissan, never again....

upload_2023-7-13_21-4-31.png

Rebel635, Once a Wanker.. and 969 like this.
  5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I've been around here just long enough to know not to open any video from you

6. notbostrom

https://images.app.goo.gl/EYUVgfmNHvBKmiz37

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. notbostrom

Door and airbags and a bit more judging by the crash photos

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Nah... It'll be fine. The car will still be around 6 years from now because the transmission will be blown and he won't be able to sell it.

pickled egg likes this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Does it have a cvt tranny? When do those blow up?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting and I've owned multiple Nissan and Infiniti products which turned out well and what I would consider as much better than a Volvo or an American "Purple Peter Eater"!!!!:crackup:

Had a 82 Maxima, a 00 Nissan Frontier and a 05 QX56 that all worked out great. The Maxima I bought used in Texas with over 100K miles and in California one morning while hauling a trailer with my race bike to Willow Springs, the rod came out of the block. Bought a Nissan replacement motor for $1200-1500 back in 91, and paid a shop $350 to install it and it ran for a few years until I sold it.

The Frontier was a 2000 and had over 100k miles when it was totaled. The only thing I ever did was basic maintenance and I had a rear shock mount break.

The 2005 Infiniti QX56 only needed brakes and tires plus oil changes the entire time we owned it until returning it with over 100K miles. That sucker cost me 7K in excess mileage, but that was around 2009-2010 and no one wanted big gas guzzlers. So I gave it back and slapped mama in a 2010 Prius we still own. She still says the QX56 was the best car she ever owned, although I think her current Mercedes will replace it when we finally blow it out.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

12. ChemGuy

Agree.

Agree.

Any day now.

Nissan is the "Chrysler of Japanese Car Manufacturers". Buy other Japanese or Korean. Hell I'd buy a used JAAAGGGGGG before buying a Nissan.

13. pickled egg

[​IMG]

14. Boman Forklift

Ya mean the boy that likes big ugly Purple Diesels that have smashed roofs, when a higher power tried to take them out,.....THAT BOY?????:crackup:

15. Boman Forklift

DOHHHHH!!!!!! A jag before a Nissan, you is be messed up in de head!! Well unless of course it was a nice F type.......those are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

16. pickled egg

Not even Gawd can kill the Purple Pachyderm, bitch! :Poke:

A’course, your Datsuns would have fared much better, what was left after the tree dropped on them would fit in a letterbox. :Poke:

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im a used nissan conneseur. The truck stuff with geared trannys are as decent as anything else. Id do a shit ton of research before considering a car with a cvt.

18. Boman Forklift

I never owned a Datsun car/truck but have owned a couple old Datsun forklifts.

19. ChemGuy

Im talking 70s-80s Jag, Lucas the Prince of Darkness, Postive ground, depths of british automotive 'prowess' Jag over a 5-10yr old Nissan.

In fact I'd buy a ford before I'd buy a Nissan. :eek::eek::eek:

20. Boman Forklift

Hey I own multiple 5 Ford Cargo Vans for work but only 2 are currently used, 08 Ford F350, and a 05 Ford Ranger. However I own ZERO jags. My dad owned a Lotus Europa when I was a kid, so I understand the Prince of Darkness. I own a 09 Lotus Exige and fortunately they aren't using Lucas and possibly not Bosch either, because so far I haven't' had any electrical gremlins.:)

ChemGuy likes this.