1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV Prices and Financing

Discussion in 'General' started by kiggy74, Sep 3, 2018.

1. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

I figured as much, I looked into them because of your posts and have a hard time considering anyone else.

So for a new one from an authorized dealer, is 5% even possible?

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Oh, I would think that would certainly be possible.

My unit was still a couple days from being delivered to the dealer when I closed on it. They sent me the spec sheet, I told them where I needed to be to sign sight-unseen. Pretty much all done electronically. I think all said and done I ended up around 18% off MSRP (TT&T included). After a long search nationwide, the best I was able to secure was about 22% off MSRP for a previous year left-over unit that had been sitting on a lot in Indiana, but it didn't have some of the options I really wanted, and ATC had since upgraded a few standard options, like solid-surface countertops and an upgraded, heavier-duty rear ramp.

I drove 3.5 hours over the the Tampa area and picked it up a few days later.

deathblow likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So how is the show in Hershey?

You guys buy any units yet?

R/T Performance likes this.
  4. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

The show was big. You couldn't see it all in one day

I spent 10 hours there and never got to the vendor stuff.

I looked at so many toyhaulers it was had to keep track.

My favorites were the Voltage 3605 and the Momentum 351M.

I did get quotes on several and they were in the 25-30% off range.

That said everybody told me they would beat any deal I found elsewhere.

I've got a few things to think about for sure.

5. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Anybody else go and price or better yet buy anything. ??

I’m going back to my local dealer this week as they told me to return with quotes after the show.

6. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I was there Saturday. I was pretty disappointed after having driven 7 hrs to get there. It was huge, tons of people and many trailers to look at. But virtually no travel trailer toy haulers. Most everything was 5th wheels. Prices didn't seem too impressive to me, things were listed for 20-30% off MSRP. Certainly no sense that dealers were liquidating at the end of the year. Seems like a lot of people were buying though.

Thankfully we stopped at Gettysburg on the way home which made the whole trip worthwhile.

tawzx12r likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Is that a gasser? Absolutely not if it is.

Edit: yeah- says gas.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

All this talk makes me even more happy with my vintage RV.... I’d rather keep the old pig going than upgrade to some new thing.

Sabre699, 5axis and roy826ex like this.
  11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

For used units you can look for sold prices. When I was buying my motorhome that is what I was looking for. PPLMotorhomes in Texas had sold prices posted on site and I used that info.
    Found my on local lot, was priced $13k higher than average sold. Got it for my price. Even tough it was on dealer lot it was actually private sale so I did not have to pay tax (we don't have tax on used stuff here). Most used units at dealers are on consignment anyway.
    Motorhomes are like mortgage, tax deductible, so long term financing is normal.

kiggy74 likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Tree fiddy

mastermind likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What engine would it be if it were a V8 gas? Most all of those things are built on Ford chassis so it should be a V10.

And unless you’re really driving it a lot, gas should be fine.

14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Powerstroke if it's all Ford based. I see Caterpillar and Cummins in them but those are probably bigger.
    I would personally absolutely hate to drive something that size and weight with a gas enigine in it- V8 or V10.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Powerstroke is a diesel

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I know- it's also a V8, with a turbo on it.

17. TWF2

Don't think they use those engines in mh's. It is either V10 or chevy or gas. Cat and Cummins for diesel.
    Gas is ok for little c class, anything more diesel is the way to go.

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Research on that RV that Turbo posted, says it's the GM 8.1 L (502 cubies)

Probably paired with an Allison trans. GM put that combo in their 2500/3500 trucks once upon a time.

I really like the Class B's. Class B's don't have that big ass gawdy overhang over the cab like Class C's that leaks 100% of the time apparently. https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/rvd/d/ravenna-2005-winnebago-aspect-class/6790299977.html

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Ok. I have some time to kill today- might as well read up on them. Thank you

20. TWF2

I had smaller motorhome with V10 in it. It sucks with engine up front, can't even talk with passenger. With diesel pusher only time I hear engine is when I open window.
    Gas = loud inside quiet outside, diesel = quiet inside loud outside :)
    I seen some newer smaller units coming with diesel in them now.