1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS250 Gearing for CMP

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by jeppe, Nov 18, 2002.

1. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

Next weekend will be my first with the aprilia at CMP
    so Im curios what kind of gearing would be in the ballpark to run there?

TIA
    Swede

2. cdeck26

cdeck26 Well-Known Member

I posted the same question for a TZ250 last week and nobody responded. Either nobody has ever ridden a 250 their or they want us to learn for ourselves

3. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

jeppe,

I have never gotten an answer on gearing questions. I've often wondered also, is it that no one knows or no one wants to say. I just regeared my RS for NFMP (next sat.) but I'm thinking I may have gone with too low a gearing (13/43.) It'll be easy enough to swap at the track I suppose. I'd been running 15/42 and it was too high. Let me know what works well for you at CMP.

Raul

4. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I was at NFMP a coupple of weeks ago. I did run stock gearing and that worked pretty good for me there. I will try one toth more on the rear the nex time down there.
    /Swede

5. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

I.M. critter....
    he has a RS and will probably answer your ?????

6. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Raul,

Let me know what works at NFMP. I am going down there on 12/8. I rode Jesper's at NFMP and I thought the gearing was just little tall (I think he had the stock 14/42?). You can PM or email me so as not to let the secret out to too many folks (especially Jesper, I have to race against him next year :D )..

Thanks, Scott

7. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I now know the secret!! :D

I did run a 13/42 setup this saturday at CMP, this seemed to suit my ridng there pretty well.
    I think this might be a little too short for someone faster than me.

/Swede