1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof mount A/c

Discussion in 'General' started by dwheeler, Jun 18, 2003.

1. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

I found a good deal on a roof mount a/c unit. Its a colman 13.5k BTU. The only thing is it doesnt have the peice that goes on the inside of the trailer. How do i get one of these?

Any help of how to install the a/c unit would be helpfull as well.

2. MotoPhotos

MotoPhotos The Guy Behind the Lens

A/C Help

If you'll be at Tally this weekend stop by my "MotoPhotos" trailer and I'll give you some tips on the A/C. I put mine in with no problems.

You should be able to buy that part at a Camper Supply place that sells the A/C units.

Regards,
    Troy

3. dwheeler

i should be able to take out my roof vent and it will fit right in that same hole, correct?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You might want to add some bracing aorund the opening but that's about it.

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

What if you dont have a ac unit or um a vent hole :D i want to install one in my trailer as well

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

first - buy an a/c unit.

second - buy a sawzall

thrid - go to town! :)

7. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

i c ya going to kill me

8. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

9. dwheeler

i found the inside part at a local RV refigeration shop, got it used for $20.

How is the duct that come down normaly done. Guy there told me to make one. Any ideas?

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

You left out, "buy a MIG welder to weld in the extra supports to connect the roof hoops on either side of it." My roof vent/AC unit has a frame all the way around the opening. I'm not sure if it would really be necessary, but they saw fit to do it in the first place.

But that's not a bad thing by any measure. Justifying a new toy, er I mean tool, to complete a project is always a feature. If you can use it to get the spousal unit to approve a $3000 TIG welder set-up, all the better.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you can find a line of reasoning let me know what it is. I've been working on getting a welder of some sort but still haven't gotten persmission... For some reason she feels I should know how to weld first :rolleyes:

12. dwheeler

Talk her into buying the father in-law one for christmas. Then you can just take clame of it after a few months when he hasent used it. And say i'll just keep this in my garage for you, that way you have a nice place to come and weld

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How are you supposed to learn if you don't have a welder to play with?

That's like buying the text book AFTER you take the class.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No Father in law... However that is one hell of a good idea :D

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Mongo, tell her you bought it for me, and keep forgetting to bring it to the track.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMAO!! Now that's something I can work with!

17. GKing

GKing Well-Known Member

Check this out Mongo.

Great beginner machine, runs on 110v, can be used w/ or w/o gas, will work on thicknesses up to around 1/4". It is a MIG machine but unless you are doing aluminum (difficult) or heavy duty structural stuff a TIG is overkill.

Best deal is lists for only$668 (US). Lot easier to sell this one at home as something you just happened to pick up on the way back from the market.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/millermatic_135/