1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll Call: Vintage friday at RRR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RZ Racer, Mar 4, 2015.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Who's going????

2. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I'll be there, taking notes. Don't start without me. :D

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey mark, I'm hearing numerous CB350 guys going.....surprise, I know.

There may be a brand new V1 bike that is looking impressive in pics.....:rolleyes:

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

In, V5 and V6LW

5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I am trying to get there. Will anybody happen to have roller starters if I can't get the bikes started?

6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'll be there.

With rollers, which you are welcome to use.

Cheers,

Dave

7. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Unless winter scuttles the plan, getting near a foot of snow today, we be there. Is there race fuel available at the track? If not out of a pump, from a VP dealer, I like to run C12. Smells good.

8. CharlieY

Bucky too Rich?

9. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

I'll be there.

10. ringdingding

Bucky, even if I dont make it, will be there.

11. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Pumps are still the same ones from before. Cash only and the operator is available at specific times to run them. No C12, but there is a 112 leaded.

12. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I believe there is a thread in the General section with another option.

13. CharlieY

I hope you make it Rich.....I'm starting to think you are Bucky messing with everyone....like an alter-ego or something....I'm questioning your actual existence sir! :D :Poke:

Sounds like I will be going, but not racing. I'm loaning Bennett a V1 motor that I picked up with a parts lot....we'll see how it goes.

Its also been suggested a few of us make a run down to Daytona for the 200 on Saturday.

14. ringdingding

Being that close, Daytona is tempting. Hate to bring this up but, it looks like rain in Savannah thursday thru sunday. Hard to drive 12 hours to race in the rain. What are the local forecasters saying?

I take it Mr Bennet will be running in V-2 also. Might have to show up to give him someone to race.

Bucky is alot more gung-ho than me these days. He is getting use to me bailing out at the last minute.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Thank you! Very much appreciated! :up:

16. CharlieY

Dam, if the weather suks I may waffle......I could see it affecting you guys.

I hadn't even looked. RR is 5 hrs from us, but our forecast for the weekend in ATL is spectacular, that's why I didn't even look.

Is Jim, and maybe your young lady friend coming down?.....Jim is always pretty quick, and she seemed to be getting the hang of things well.

Yeah, if this unknown but fresh motor runs and doesn't leak or anything, Bennett will be running V2.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, since we're just at a week out right now I don't trust any forecast.

18. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Charlie, we could always make a run to Pittsburgh. Just sayin.

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

It will not rain.

You guys kill me. We've been waiting 4 months for a racing opportunity. At our request, or at least in response to our pleas, Mongo adds a Vintage day to an already somewhat sparse schedule. A week out, with the advent of warm weather finally upon us, you're postulating about not racing due to the possibility of some rain.

I loathe racing in the rain. For me, it is a bit of an oxymoron. But, I'll still go and will make the best of it. I need the opportunity because looking forward in the season, I'll miss other WERA Vintage events. If you have the luxury of being able to pick and choose and make all the events you want, then I understand possibly passing on a possible rain event. I don't have that luxury.

So, I say sneer in Mother Nature's face and come on down and wobble 'round with us, rain or shine. The more the merrier, regardless of the percentage of humidity.

Cheers,

Dave

20. ringdingding

I hear you Dave, actually it helps me make up my mind on which bike to bring. Wanted to bring the faster bike for RRR but, the stocker with chrome pipes and fenders is the better wet weather bike. It also has a freshened up top end and didnt think RRR was the place to run it in since one is wfo most of the way around Roebling. Possible rain changes that a little. Okay, now I am stoked like I was a month ago, F'it, I am there.

BTW, the forecast for savannah is now rain from tuesday till sunday next week with thunder storms on friday. So that means it will be sunny and warm by the time we get there.