Rocketrider911 Ripped me off!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by gsxrsrad1000, Sep 9, 2008.

1. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

I am glad for you to have a budget to pay for new and peace of mind.
    But not everyone run your kind of budget.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Another pointer to go along with the assumptions about the sales area of this site, don't assume that just because a guy works on an AMA(even for real when not lying) team that he's on the up and up when selling items. There are a lot of "AMA teams" so don't assume anything based on that. :up:

I feel for you on this transaction.

3. gsxrsrad1000

gsxrsrad1000 Well-Known Member

Marcus, I get what your saying, but for those of us on a budget who are led to believe that parts are perfect from Titled bikes, (including pictures at times) then for the most part those who purchase are under the assumption that everything is good. Yes, purchasing brand new will save headaches, but .5% of all these transactions probably end up bad or troublesome, for the most part it's all good. Some of us do not have the funds for brand new stuff and saving for the extra 200+ means more time off the track which we are not willing to do. So, in your eyes, ok we get what we deserve, but in our eyes we are lead to believe one thing and end up getting something else. I guess we figure, people still have morals, respect and the will to do right, but sometimes we are unlucky, thats why we learn from it and move on. Not all transactions are bad, hell I have bought and sold over 300+ items on EBAY and had 1 issue in 8 years, and the this particular WERA situation was partly my fault because I assumed certin things. So I can respect your post, but we are all in different shoes and have different experiences that help us decide what way we are going next.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I think you are completely missing his point.

Buying things way cheap is in many cases supporting motorcycle theft. Not always but in many cases.

I've bought things very cheap(actually most for free) from other WERA racers(ie, Suff, Greg Ford) because they are generous guys that were helping me get started in racing. Not an uncommon thing with friends on this site but had I been offered things for those prices from someone I didn't know you would almost bet they were stolen.

5. gsxrsrad1000

gsxrsrad1000 Well-Known Member

RCJohn great advice and I will keep that in mind for sure. :up:

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Anytime. Just be careful. I'm sure you learned a bit from this one. Sucks that it was such an expensive thing for sure. I'm always leery of buying from people I don't know or don't have common acquaintences with.

If people didn't buy used parts WERA probably wouldn't exist. :D

A rule that I try to follow(for most things) is if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. ;)

7. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

I make three points which a couple of posts have already missed.

1) Since most parts bend when a bike is crashed, why would you buy used?
    2) If it is too expensive to do it right, have you considered not racing until you can afford to do so?
    3) Not all items are fraud on E-Bay, but the only way someone "gets a deal" is when someone else is screwed...Just doesn't work in my mind.

There is a place and business for legitimate used parts on the internet/e-bay, but many times these days it seems...It is not.

Most people that buy forks/triples/wheels done realize they are bent. About 40% of the stuff I would check for customers (forks and triples) that they bought from E-Bay was bent. Some not so bad, a lot really bad. That was 2 years ago. So it is safe to say that many people bolt on crap.

A lot of "stores" on the internet are acting as a "chop shop" by doing legitimate business on half their stuff and buying stolen stuff for the other half. When the cops come, they have enough paperwork to look legit.

Marcus

BTW: I am not rich by any stetch of the imagination. On most days, I don't have the money to buy a dixie cup to piss in. It is amazing what you can get done when you say, "I will do this right" though.

8. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

well said. both posts actually. :beer: everyone has a hustle.

9. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Hmmm...That's a rather familiar looking triple. Paul you've got an email coming.

10. DaveyJones

DaveyJones Member

yea he just screwed me too

11. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

I am thankful that I finally got to read a Pouch post.
    That is all.

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

this was so close to best of material.....

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

this oughta be good... please tell us what happened.

14. DaveyJones

DaveyJones Member

yea don't buy from him unless you pick it up in person maybe. paid him right away took forever to ship and he sent me a steering stab that didn't fit, ignored me for weeks, sent it back he ignored me for another week then said I scratched it and didn't give me a full refund o_O I even offered to exchange for a diff stab he had...

but beyond that he is just difficult to deal with, not very personable, doesn't appreciate your business..

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sorry you had to learn the hard way. I wouldnt buy a bag of saline from him if I was dehydrated...lol.
    He sells junk... rashed, damaged, useless junk.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

These threads were the best part of the old classifieds.

2Fer likes this.
  17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Got screwed on the old classifieds a few times too, not by rocketrider though. Let's see if I remember it all- bought a bent front wheel, bent front rotors, a 19x18 that needed the Brembo repair kit, totally trashed Vortex rear sets.
    All different sellers and different transactions, gixxer parts bring the best out of people for sure :D

18. gixxer600

gixxer600 Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't know there was a post made about this guy. I wish I had seen it before purchasing anything. He screwed me too. I paid for the Ohlins damper in his "Bunch of gsxr parts" thread. Since his asking price was normal for a TRUE Ohlins damper I assumed it was one. My mistake. The damper he's asking $250 for is actually a stock Kawasaki Ohlins damper that you can get all day long in good working order on Ebay for $120. Not only that, that damn thing didn't even work. The rod slides freely with no resistance and you can hear the air bubbles inside. He said to send back the damper for a refund. I did, but then he said it wasn't the damper he sent me. He says he stamped it with black light and it's impossible to remove. I told him when I took it to the shop to see what was wrong with it they wrote my name on it in marker. They told me to get my money back so I wiped my name off with paint stripper and sent it back. My only guess is I inadvertently wiped off his black light stamp or he's full of shit. I'm guessing both. There's even a serial number pressed into the damper for identification purposes! I filed a dispute with paypal and they ruled in my favor, but he's appealing. Bottom line is he's dishonest and makes stuff up. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from him. I wish there were a way to remove people like him from the forum.

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

People like that should be removed from the face of the earth !

TurboBlew and gixxer600 like this.