1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Maxey...

Discussion in 'General' started by K Kling, Aug 9, 2011.

1. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Is my HERO! I can't say thank you enough Robert. You are awesome!

With all the reports of stealing at Road Atlanta and VIR, I have had the exact opposite experience.

When we were at Summit last week, I took both of my boys to take showers Friday evening. When I was in the shower, my boys packed up the dirty clothes in the backpack. When we left, my shorts with my wallet and cash fell out right outside the bathroom. I didn't realize it was missing until the next morning. I frantically searched all over for the shorts and wallet and couldn't find them anywhere. My wife started calling and cancelling credit cards. She had only gotten one of them cancelled when Palmer was paged over the PA system to come to the tower.

It turns out that Robert had found the shorts and wallet and searched for us that night. After he couldn't find our pits he turned the stuff in the next morning to the WERA officials.

It is good to know that in spite of the horror stories of late, there are good honest people surrounding us at every event.

Thank you Robert, you are a true gentleman, and I am proud to know you.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

<like>. WERA folks are good people.

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Heard the PA announcement, glad to hear you had it returned. Good job Maxey :up:

4. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Great news. Good to hear a positive story on the beeb.

5. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Robert, is a great guy. He pitted for us during the endurance race that weekend. he really saved us, great guy for sure. Lance

6. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

Robert is a great guy he comes to the track with us and just helps. I think he will be back on a bike next year. Its good to know people like Robert. :bow:

7. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

There is some hope! :up:

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Glad to hear it all worked out.

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Same here! :up: