1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roadracing a 450 supermoto

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It means don't tweak it to the point where you almost get beat by some clown riding Mongo's pit bike. :D

Stumpy likes this.
  2. Johnny B

You never got to run against these two. 1:15's at Loudon. The guy in the back was a noob roadracer.

[​IMG]

Stumpy and turbulence like this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

too late. i get beat by most everyone

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

YOU CAN'T SAY I HAD MOTOR ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

webcrush right?

Damn that was a lifetime ago.

Back in the Beeb eat Beeb era.

GixxerBlade and ScottyRock155 like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Those new Hampshire guys take roadracing supermoto seriously!!

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

No, and I also never got to race Ed/Ted/Ned. I wish I had raced Barber on my 450 too.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Ah, the good old days!

What was better, that, or the pirate bike weekend?

Dave K likes this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It was fun watching you race that dipshit, but the no questions asked tie breaker is that when we made the banner for the BBS Pirate donated his own money to "charity", so in a very rare and special occasion, the Pirate wins. AAARRRGGG!

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I roadrace my FS 450 with AHRMA. The have a motard class and a Sounds of singles 2 class that 450 motards are eligible in. Been do it for a while and love it. fills the void in between real supermoto racing. Laguna Seca, Barber, Gingerman, Blackhawk, Topeka are some of the track I have raced at with my 450. 15/40 is what I run at these tracks and have no issues. blackhawk1.jpg blackhawk1.jpg 109934317_10158453421546877_2504371867263616938_n.jpg

Attached Files:

418, noles19 and turbulence like this.
  11. turbulence

Oh hell yes. I want to race laguna! :bow:

thanks for the confirmation on gearing. I think that’s what I’ll run. What other mods do you have done to yours? Besides crash protection, I threw on an Oberon clutch slave the other day. Anything else I need to look out for?

also, what belly pan is that?

12. noles19

He has head work and tune and some other nice engine bits.

G2G and turbulence like this.
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The FS suspension wise can absolutely handle some MX. It's expecting to be jumped in Sumo trim, I just wouldn't expect to have fun going full top level Supercross on it without some suspension changes.

14. Johnny B

If you want hardcore, Larry Hanlon was the original Road Warrior. Here is his CR500 roadracer. He had a second CR500 motor stuffed into an RS250 frame.
    He wore MX armor over his leathers to intimidate his competitors.
    BTW, in the previous photo I posted, that's Doug Henry chasing Jeff Wood.

[​IMG]

turbulence likes this.
  15. Johnny B

"stock, stock, stock"

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Damnit, now I'm going to have to find that/those threads and reread them!

17. Johnny B

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Its a carbon belly pan that was sold about 10 years ago. They no longer make them. But I have used a vintage dirt bike rear fender for a belly pan for a couple years. Works perfect and fits perfect. The carbon one in the picture is just more pimp looking so I use that. LOL Here is a pic at Gingerman with the dirtbike fender bellypan. 34158578_10156310425466877_2719665689458638848_n (1).jpg

Senna and turbulence like this.
  19. turbulence

damn. that’s pretty creative.

way less work than my fiberglassed acerbis haha

also, those front forks do not like the front pit bull stand. they just don’t seem to sit in the pads as well as my other bikes

20. noles19

I just use a center lift stand on mine works well