1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by Spicoli, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

So is it located in Georgia? Not the European country, but the state. :Poke:

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Why do they call it Road "Atlanta" when its not in Atlanta?

Shouldnt it be Road Braselton???

Also, what the heck is an "Atlanta" anway? Is that Indian for "land of crappy drivers who always wreck in rush hour traffic thereby slowing traffic even more" or ???

Can I ride a chinese pit bike outside the pits at Road Braselton if it registered as a tractor in Shanghai, but under 62cc?

3. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

ROAD ATLANTA!!!! I was under the idea that RA stood for Road America... dang 10hrs in the wrong direction.

:)

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

"I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little rockier than this"

5. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

thank you spicoli. again you came through for me. :D

:up:

while i'm here, which track is older, road atlanta or road america? the older one should be the one to which you just say "road a". or hell, what are we talking about here? if you are in the south you know what it is. where is the other one, cheeseland right? :p

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Road America was mid 50's, Road Atlanta was mid to late 60's if I remember correctly.

However - Road America has always been fully said and never shortened until recently.

7. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

My pleasure. :D

8. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

actually i feel that Road America should be said out all the way. anything with the word "America" in it should be anyway. i mean, it's not the United States of A, right? :up:

i knew road atlanta was somewhere 60ish but didnt really know when road America was born.

9. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

:beer: