1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Putter

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Oct 1, 2017.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

How's it going? Did it pass $500 yet?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Um, yes...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Several times.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Awesome...skipped right over that, somehow.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Every time this gets bumped to the top the thread title startles me.

Doesn't seem right.

Damn we've lost a lot of good people.

Phl218 and dtalbott like this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

UPDATE**

First - Thank you. Every single one of you that donated or wrote a very heartfelt message to a little girl who will spend her first Christmas without her daddy. None of you wanted a pat on the back or special recognition, but don't be surprised if one day out of the blue it comes your way. All the family members shed tears over your generosity. We not only met, but far exceeded our goal.

Second - I made contact with Putter's sister and the family made a very special request:

At a Brainerd round (TBD), they have asked that Putter's ashes be spread throughout the course. I hope to have the Panigale completed way before then, but I thought it would be damn nice to do it from a FZR 400 with his number. Not sure if anyone knows someone that could assists, but it would be a nice touch. If possible, it would be cool to find someone with a sidecar so his daughter could go along for the ride. Nonetheless I will make the trek to MN this summer to meet with the family at Brainerd and complete their wish.

I May need Mongo's help with this one ) or anyone who knows their Race Director) since I don't race with that org and it would just be a special request through a lunch break.

Again... Thank you everyone and cheers to you all.

Rest easy Putt Putt. I hope you finally found peace my friend.

Lever, Phl218, panthercity and 10 others like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Assuming the track won't have a problem spreading his ashes is very doable and I'm sure someone will chime in, if not I've got a few contacts there.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wonder if ashes could be used to clean an oil spill? Might be cool to get some use out of mine instead of my garbage can idea...

9. Hyperdyne

Much appreciated Sean and thank you.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I suspect Jed will be just fine with it.

Not sure who, if anyone, still has an FZR they're running up there. Dumped all my crap on a guy a few years back, no clue if he ever got anything together.

I'll reach out to a few people.

11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I can get a hold of a 400.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

12. CRA_Fizzer

It should be no issue doing this during a lunch break. The track has done things (memorial stuff) before.

And I do have access to two FZR400s. Best part is that they are yellow!

Let me know and I will reach out to the owners. They might only let me ride them though. No biggie.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13. Hyperdyne

That works just fine for me. :)

14. CRA_Fizzer

This is going to sound stupid, but make no mention of my involvement to BIR or the CRA.

Jed, the owner of BIR, is a child and will throw a major hissy fit if he finds out I will be there. At least he did the last time I was there.
    I would just like to show up with the bike, do the deed and get out. That is how much I care about Putter!!

15. Hyperdyne

I appreciate the heads up..

16. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

As usual I’m late to the show. Didn’t know him. RIP fellow rider and racer. Damn.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Putter. I miss you.

18. CRA_Fizzer

Hyperdyne, check your messages.

19. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

This still fucking sucks hard.
    I have been wandering around all weepy this week because I miss my buddy.
    Does it ever get easier?

Kolbe and Hawk518 like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I start to miss him I just think of some of the shit he has done and I can't but to start laughing.

F@ck, just going to the grocery with him while at VIR, I'm laughing now. "Hey Putter, Get some mustard. . . and smokes, lots of smokes!" :crackup:

panthercity and Hawk518 like this.