1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Christine McVie

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Thank you for that. Damn...must have got some dust in my eyes.

Rip Christie. Thank you for all of it. :(

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Jimmy's Chicken Shack.
    RIP Christine, she was the talented female in that band.

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

The only time I saw Fleetwood Mac was the “Tango in the Night” tour while I was in college. They sounded great. I think FM was one of the first “real” rock bands I was aware of as a little kid, thanks to my big sis and parents.
    RIP Ms. McVie

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing here should surprise you at this point.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was at their concert at the Boston Tea Party in February 1970. It was recorded and the tapes sat in mothballs for years, finally released as "Boston Blues". A new band called The James Gang opened for them and Joe Walsh sat in for a couple of cuts. What a show!
    I later saw the band playing in Boston Common with Rory Gallagher and Savoy Brown opening. By this time Christine was with the band and I can't quite remember if Danny Kirwin or Bob Welch was on guitar.

Once a Wanker.., t11ravis and tl1098 like this.
  6. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

One of the things I liked about her is she was always the main or only keyboard player in the band. Even on tour. I’m sure at some point it was suggested she go out front and hire a keyboardist. Watch a live version of Make Loving Fun and she is one busy gal.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Probably Danny and not Bob and WTF Johnny you are old :bow:

Shenanigans and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Another old fart story had a bunch of us going to Paul's Mall for a show. A prerequisite for this act was to get ripped, so we went to a nearby apartment to smoke 5-6 joints. Back to Paul's Mall and we were waiting in line to get in. A well used Pontiac Firebird ragtop pulled up to the curb. The passenger door opened, releasing a cloud of smoke worthy of Spicoli's van. Bob Marley crawled out from the back seat and entered the club.

lizard84 likes this.
  9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Came from an amazingly talented pedigree, and a true artist at heart. She did the artwork for at least one of her albums. Perhaps more? Lived her life mostly on her own terms.e

11. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

And her clavinet on the studio version of You Make Loving Fun is brutal

12. ton

ton Arf!

Because pedantic is what i do/am...

Chicken Shack was the 60's/early 70's English blues rock band that Christine was in. Named after Jimmy Smith's (Hammond organ jazz great) classic record "Back at the Chicken Shack"

Jimmie's Chicken Shack was a short lived, mid/late 90's alternative band.

Damn, what a songwriter Christine was. Her craft just kept improving. I really even enjoyed some of the tunes she and Buckingham put out a few years ago on their "duo" record. What a career. And what a loss.

Once a Wanker.. and tl1098 like this.
  13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It was probably Bob, that was right around the time he and Kirwan had their blowup and Danny smashed his guitar and refused to go onstage and was subsequently fired. May have been both though.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

As I remember it Christie was there around 67 or 68 and about the time Peter Green went bonkers and told his band mates we need to donate ALL of our profits and then Peter got broomed in 68. Then Danny come on board and Bob didn't show up in until 71.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Anyone else have a chicken shak album? I think I have 3

tl1098 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Correct. The concert that JohnnyB was referring to was August 14, 1972 so it could have been either. Or both, they sometimes had three guitars onstage during that period.

This website has helped me stir the cobwebs of my memories countless times.

https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/fleetwood-mac-b09eb5f7-5477-4441-a264-297e940fc869