1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riots in Cleveland ?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, May 23, 2015.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What specifically don't you like about Brelo? Was the Standing on the hood that did it for you?

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

That and shooting 49 of the 137 shots fired.

http://callandpost.com/news/2014/jun/03/cleveland-officers-indicted-137-shots-shooting/

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Well Mr McGinty's press conference is touching and all, but his claims are clearly not supported by the evidence as he was not able to prove in court.

"Under the totality of these circumstances he perceived an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to himself or other officers and decided to use deadly force to seize the Malibu's occupants. The same decision was made by 12 of his fellow police officers, all of whom surely made many of the same observations as Brelo.

I find by the preponderance of the evidence that Brelo's decision to use deadly force against Russell and Williams was based on probable cause to believe that they threatened imminent, serious bodily harm to him and the other officers, not to mention the public. I therefore find his decision to use force constitutionally reasonable"

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Seems the Truth actually has little to do with anything anymore.. It is about agenda and politics.

You know it was uncalled for... He knows it as well as his fellow officers, they probably had a good laugh about it...sadly.

Perhaps he can get a job working in your town... Roll out the Welcome Mat for the Hero in Blue.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Really? That goes both ways, agenda and politics. Pretty broad strokes to make a judgement which you have no first hand knowledge. So what's a reasonable way to distill the bullshit and get a reasonable answer? How about reading the verdict? Have you done that or is someone spoon feeding you an opinion good enough for you?

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

With all due respect... I read the fucking verdict... I think it is a FUCKING JOKE...

I also think Officer B was jacked up adrenline and out if control... I don't give a shit what a bench warmer says in his opinion... Sorry.

Step Pops was LEO
    My Sister was a beat cop in Chicago move up to Investigator,
    My first 4 Brother In Laws were ALL Cops...
    I may know a few... So I may actually know a stupid cop move when I read about it.

If you think RamboCops are a great asset to the LEO Community then GoodieGoodieGawdDamn for you.

I don't.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So what do you think about Timothy Russell's actions?

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Before or After he was filled with HotLead?

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is trying to justify being high and running from the cops - but I also think it's fair to hold police officers to a higher standard than suspects.

Cops have a hard job. These officers (more than just the 13 who shot at unarmed suspects) made mistakes. Some mistakes cost people their job. That's really unfortunate, but it happens. What I don't think can be allowed to happen is for the public perception to be that the CPD believes that the officers acted properly, rather than simply legally.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

How long, and how deeply, do we citizens take this second guessing of what, and how, the police do their jobs. Under the circumstances of this particular case it seems that all of the officers did what was called for at the time. It's only this one officer's actions that has caused all the dustup as far as I can see. He was doing what he thought was necessary and was doing it with great gusto. We cannot blame any of them for shooting at what turned out to be unarmed suspects because that was not what appeared to be the case at the time. Why do we continue to play Monday morning quarterback with these kind of cases? It serves no purpose other than to agitate people and cause more division between the people.

Just because the world has instant contact social media methods doesn't mean that we need to destroy others in our zeal to utilize this media. It's really rather irritating.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I agree that it's easy to look at these scenarios with the benefit of hindsight and judge the police officers - but mistakes WERE made.

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Correct. But if you are going to say that one officers actions were crossing a line you need to be very clear about the line and that line should be very clear.

For instance, the prosecutor wanted you to believe that the situation was neutralized, that there was no longer a threat. Well okay, but here's the problem. While Brelo was firing from the hood of the car Moore was firing into the drivers side window. What did Moore see that made her feel that Russell and Williams were still a threat that she continued to fire? Why wasn't Moore indicted with Brelo, she was firing the same time as Brelo. How is there a threat to one officer and not the others? Then ther is officer Box. Officer Box has the distinction of only firing one shot (awesome self control Officer Box), unfortunately officer Box's single shot was the last round fired, AFTER Brelo fired from the hood. What did Box see that he perceived as a threat? If Brelo's actions were inappropriate because the threat was neutralized what about Box? Why wasn't Box Brought up on charges?

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Both probably saw the involuntary jerking of the two corpses reacting to the projectiles hitting them from different angles, thinking they were still reaching for the guns under the seat and in the console....;)

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

A circle jerk is not complete until each blows a load.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This. People can't wait for an investigation. Hell, they cannot even wait to read the facts for themselves. Most just read a headline or a comment and repost with even more inflammatory and/or incorrect information.

Each one of these cases is just more hyperbole than the last as the media whips the populace into a frenzy.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Perhaps you should wonder about your need to attack anyone who criticises a cop. You do it constantly.
    Nobody may criticise the police in your presence.

17. In Your Corner

So, Britt, why do you hate all cops?
    Something to hide, no doubt.

18. In Your Corner

Where's your source for all this info?
    How many shell casings or bullets were recovered from all the shots fired from the suspect vehicle during the chase? Where are the weapons that the suspects had?

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

So the deaths of fellow citizens at the hands of the police should simply be accepted? It doesn't even merit discussion?

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What, in your opinion, were the mistakes in this particular incident?
    Honest question by the way.