1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding in Japan?

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLA1, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

Anybody done a trackday in Japan?
    Anybody got any info on riding in Japan? Looks like I will be going to Japan for work maybe end of Oct beginning of Nov, and I know its their winter time also, but I thought theres a slight chance a trackday could be going on and I wouldn't feel right unless I investigated the cost of it - renting a bike and the trackday cost may just be to much but you never kno till you check :up:

Not even sure if the trackday scene is even going on over there, so I figure someone on here has got to know something :D

Gonna do some searching myself on the interwebs :D

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Lots of trackdays in J-land. The cost is about the same as the US, but some orgs require a license (an international racing license will sometimes get you in). I'm not sure about bike rentals, but I would imagine that there are some companies that do it.

What part of Japan will you be in? October to November is actually pretty good riding weather there depending on which part you're in. Kyushu and the south west portion of Honshu is pretty good that time of year. There's also a lot of smaller tracks scattered all over that do cheaper track days.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Focus on getting to SUGO man, best race track in the world!

4. KILLA1

We have a sales office in Tokyo but the factory is North - Iwate Japan, Iwate prefacture - Last time I went they took me to SUGO but I didn't get to the road race track - there was a Pro MX event going on and they took me to that!!

This time I want to try an plan ahead - if I remember correctly SUGO was about 2-3 hours from the Factory

How do you get an International race license? FIM?

:beer: thanks for the help and replies to you guys :up:

5. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

6. KILLA1

oh another place to keep me from doing work during the day :D

showtime u got PM :up:

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I think showtime might be the guy considering buying my 1098. If it's him He definitely knows his way around the tracks there...

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Just after my first session in Misano.

Attached Files:

9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Sugo is really close to Fukashima (maybe closer than Motegi is). If you are not arfaid of the radiation, Motegi and Sugo would be the tracks to check out. Suzuka is a bit of a drive from there, but also a really great track. Tsukuba is really close to where you'll be at. I haven't been on that track, but I hear it's fun!

By international license I mean just any racing license from the US (i.e. WERA, AMA, CCS, etc.). I went to do a track day in Kumamoto and they asked me if I held a racing license, if not I would have to buy their club license for $200.

Have fun and be safe!

10. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

If you want to rent a bike and are near Tokyo, japanbikerentals.com is great.

They setup an amazing route for me from Tokyo through Hakone for onsens, up to Mt. Fuji and back. Of course, due to events out of their control the ride never happened :/. $340, an ambulance ride, 4 hours in an ER pointing at pictures of the human body, and a few frantic calls to insurance later, I returned the bike to Tokyo. Fun times.

11. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

12. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Gaijin...now that is freakin' funny.

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

God dam Rude Japa,s. Glad some one kicked there arses

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Vest will be leaving for Japan next month for 3 years. Not going to Oki, he's going to the Marine base on big island or main island. He's wanting to do some riding too.

15. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

Hey brother, sorry for the late response.... But I didnt get a PM from you.
    Any more questions you have let me know. For the record, all the tracks require you to have their own track specific license before you can ride in an open track day on their tracks. I have a WERA license, my AMA competition license, and they wouldnt except any of it. Not an international license either. BUT, all is not lost. You CAN sign up for track days through local bike shops that you dont have to have a license to ride. Cost a bit more and you have to follow an instructor a session or 2 but you'll get some free time. Its not bad and doesnt matter your skill level..... I lapped my instructor in 1 20 minute session. ANYWHO, give me some solid dates you think you'll be here and I can give you a complete listing of all the tracks and track days going on during that time frame. And all else fails I got a bike you can ride and you can always use my license to get on the track. All us "gaijin" look alike anyway. LOL

Not considering..... I'd say considered, and now waiting eagerly.... :D

16. KILLA1

I am gonna PM you but I am trying to push my trip to Japan off until some nicer weather comes around :D

17. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

So did you ever make it here or are you still considering coming?