1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RFI

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxerlvr, Oct 1, 2009.

1. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

I am trying to get a good exhaust (slip on) for a 2007 GSXR-750, on a budget here. I did a search and found nothing, what is a good slip on exhaust for that bike and what else can I do with the slip on to make better gains in power and smoothness. it has a power commander, ignition modual, BMC race filter. I know a full system would be better, but again I am on a budget.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Did you get the bike dyno tuned or are you using a map off the web? A tune would help out.

3. gixxerlvr

Got it tuned.

4. GSXR racer

GSXR racer Well-Known Member

I put an Akrapovic slip on muffler on my 07 750. Almost all the usual companies make a slip on for these (yosh, M4, Leo Vince, Hindle, etc.) The stock header is actually a pretty good design, it has large diameter primary tubes, there is only another 2-3 hp by swapping headers. I also cut out the SET valve from the stock header and welded the shaft hole up, so the gain would probably be only 1-2 hp. The only thing is, I had to mod my race lower to get the muffler to fit. Really any slip on with a straight through design would give the same gains. I lost about 15 lbs. getting rid of the stock cat/muffler.

You've pretty much covered any mods outside of motor work so far. You should be around 125 hp and 55 ft/lbs of torque on a realistic dyno.

5. gixxerlvr

Just the answer I was looking for, thanks racer.