1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remapping question

Discussion in 'General' started by Doublrs, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

I have a bike that has been remapped by a yosh box.....

Could I buy a PC3 and run it instead eventhough the ecu has been remapped?:confused:

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

yes but why? If the map is good why play with it? You can change the map in the stock box if needed again. You will need to map the new power commander for your bike anyway. Few downloaded maps work great so it will need to be dynoed to see what it needs.

3. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

well the map is that is currently on it is very rich....I just wanted to know if I can buy a Power commander and everything work fine...

4. HFD1Motorsports

yes but you will still need to map the bike on a dyno so for less cost of the pc you could just get the stock box reprogramed is what I am saying. PC do not come preprogramed for your bike you need to map it first..

5. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

I have yet to get on the dyno, but my Power Commander made my bike very rich (especially just off idle) with the stock map.
    Makes it easier to ride on the street but I am sure it is not a great performance boost at the moment.

I would dyno your bike as it sits, compare with other peoples claims and then tune if needed.

Good luck

6. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

it definately needs remapped......I would like to get a pc3 and give it a shot....if it will work....I have no clue what yosh map was loaded to this bike

7. HFD1Motorsports

Not shooting you down just giving you a other fix.. The PC will do the job but it is not plug and play...a good dyno run is what is needed to see if other things going on as well. Good luck:)

8. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

very true....I just want to give this a shot for a temp fix until I have time to take it to a dyno....hey whats the difference between the dynojet powercommanders (which I cant find under $250 bucks)....and the K&N power commanders which are like $145 bucks?

9. HFD1Motorsports

I would stick to the name brand Power Commander from the Dynojets peeps. Yosh ems is the same thing just packaged differantly. Me I use a Teka box and reprogram the stock box....

10. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

I have put a power commander on my past 3 bikes and am very familiar with them and like the way they function....I just wasnt sure about the question I asked earlier....never had that arise before :) ....thanks for the help though:beer: