1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReallyReally are you kidding me

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Mar 10, 2023.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh please. There was nothing remotely religious about my statement. I was just teasing @motion a little bit about his professed nihilism, understandable given the recent shit he’s been through.

My point was that you touch the lives of everyone you interact with, some quite intimately, others not. That touch, if meaningful, lives on well beyond your corporeal existence, and you may never see it. But it is there.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Nope, I’m done!

5. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Tempus Fugit,at this point in my life time is the most precious commodity.

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

so unbelievably true! go to bed 22, wake up hitting 50. its like that. you spend your younger years wanting to be a bit older...older is not what its cracked up to be. whats the saying - youth is wasted on the young.

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

not forever - 2 generations...then its as if you didnt exist...no one will speak your name...here and now is what we have...

kinda needed this reminder today as i was sitting here thinking about finally replacing my bike and riding/ track etc again...here and now is what we have - what exactly am i waiting for?

Yzasserina and fastfreddie like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I consider "youth is wasted on the young" one of the dumber aphorism bandied about. I categorically did not waste my youth. I 'youthed' like a goddamn maniac.

cBJr, Yzasserina, auminer and 2 others like this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

At my 20th high school reunion, everyone thought I would have been dead long ago.

britx303 likes this.
  10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah...i did as well...always into or up to something - always on the go...i read it as more - when you are young you think it will last a lot longer. you dont quite appreciate it when you are in it. none the less - there are some things i wouldve taken more chance on or done a bit different. in some areas i was (and still am most likely) a little too reserved in.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That was what they all thought about me. It chaps some people’s asses every time I’m on tv:crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Wisdom is wasted on the old! :D

gixer1100 and fastfreddie like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What are you on TV for?

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nasal coffee flux. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Slider82 likes this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Celebrating Malcolm Young's birthday.

britx303 likes this.
  16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

That's the way Thetis explained it to Achilles.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was guessing pit crew at a MA round?

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I get that. And oldsters still try to hold on to youth, often at peril, but still worthwhile ( I have not officially retired from racing and I am well into my 7th decade, so i am holding some hope). It's just simply not my opinion that it is often wasted. It is, however, routinely longed for.

By circumstance we are renting a room to one of my highschool buds as he is establishing state residency for his kid at UC. Not sure what promted it, but out came the yearbook and flipping pages and whatnot. Looking over the 10th grade class photo I noticed a gal I recalled. JESSICA POLLACK. Holy F@@@@@@@@@@k! Immediately it brought back memories. Golden memories. Memories of fondling breasts that were so firm, so erect and perky as to defy description. "They were...SPECTACULAR!" I shouted. I searched for more words. "INEFFABLE!"

I savored that recollection for like ten minutes, and just now another five.
    Not. Wasted. :D

gixer1100 likes this.
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't pay attention to any of that crap. I'll be 63 and live every day like I'm 25. Raced in the rain two weeks ago, went for a 250 mile ride with my son last Sunday and jammed with my band until the wee hours Thursday night. Got up for work at 5:30 like usual.

I don't live for what happened before, instead I look forward to what's happening today.

[​IMG]

20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He shovels coal into the steam engine if the USS America.

britx303 likes this.