1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReallyReally are you kidding me

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Mar 10, 2023.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230310-202557.png

Seriously.....This just cannot be happening??
    I read this and I didn't know whether to be happy or cry I think the latter.
    Might be good night to take a bottle of good whiskey and go sit in the garage until the bottle is finished.... or go out and score some psychedelics and erase this news from my memory :crackup:

Razr and ducnut like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nevermind is over 30 years old. The Pontiac (now a dead brand) Fiero is eligible for black plates. Schwantz’s championship was 30 years ago and Nicky’s was 17 years ago.
    Time moves fast once you’re 20.

gixer1100 likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It picks up speed when you hit 50.

Razr, ToofPic and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I had this reaction last night when searching for something to watch before bed. Pulp Fiction was on the “prime” list, and I noticed it’s release year. Next year will be 30. South Park isn’t far behind!! :eek:

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And what's even more bizarre.... take just 40 of those 50 year periods and you are back in the time of Christ. 50 years is nothing. We are nothing. Our lives are nothing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Total bullshit. You are something to the ones you love, and who love you. And that lives forever. You may not see it right now, but it’s there.

rd400racer and R Acree like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking and fastfreddie like this.
  8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I have a friend that’s 102 yo. He’s been alive and a citizen of the USA for 42% of its existence. It just blows my mind that someone that’s still alive, has lived through almost half of our existence as a nation.

Hell, I’ve seen 22% of it.

motion likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Also...there are less years between us and the time of Cleopatra, than the time between Cleopatra and when the Great Pyramid of Egypt was built.

motion likes this.
  10. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

You're taking Rossi's retirement way too seriously. Get over it, life goes on.

DJ Baker, YamahaRick, joec and 11 others like this.
  11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Blasphemer. Are two strokes nothing?

motion likes this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I felt pretty Oold last night. I’ve heard my wife griping about the 90’s being back in style but I don’t pay much attention. Last night at dinner it was painfully obvious that what was in style in high school is back again. I’d better look at burial plots soon.

britx303 likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry ma'am, but you are forgotten shortly after your death. I don't make too much of a big deal out of it.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Still bullshit. :)

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've not forgotten any dead acquaintances, family or friends...people I knew face-to-face. Their memories are just as vivid as those of living people I've met yet no longer see.

beac83 and Sabre699 like this.
  16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don’t believe there’s heaven or hell. There’s nothing before us and nothing after us. The only thing that matters is how we treat others in the blink of an eye we are hear. But even that is quickly forgotten.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So, what, are you implying that we appear out of thin air? That's some serious faith there. :D

Me? Out of sight, out of mind, but I see it when I climb inside my head and it's every bit a reality there as it is when my eyes are open. o_O

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Obviously not out of thin air, but I take your point.

I am formed out of biological soup, and in the end my form reverts back to this soup. It’s as if I were never here.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

upload_2023-3-11_9-31-27.jpeg

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This thread isn’t gonna end well.

R Acree likes this.