1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Scary Event

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My wife said they were very cool about it. That was one of her worries, while on the phone. She said If there isn't anyone here in the house, I'm sorry I bugged you. They said that's what we get paid for, don't worry about it. The dispatcher even calmed her down by telling a story of another lady who called and the police entered her home, only to find the noise was helium balloons that started popping? Not sure if they were hitting a fan or what caused the popping?

HPPT likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

I have a shot gun, but it is hidden and my wife doesn't want to use it.

3. Boman Forklift

I can't say this any better....thanks Papa.

27 likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

That's freaking a fantastic comment!!! Funny thing is, I don't actually remember hanging that one. I remember some of the others, and this doesn't look like the way I would have done it. I know I hung the only original we have, but this was big but a cheapo she bought when she redecorated the living room.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Man, I hate to hear that in multiple ways. Your situation was definitely worse, and I can tell you, I've never felt this helpless before.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Also understand this. I've asked my wife about being armed as well. She told me she could never pull the trigger. And it only took a brief moment for me to consider her personality and recognize she was 100% right. Thus having a weapon now just potentially arms the bad guy. I hate it as I am armed nearly 100% of the time but I can't judge her for it. So we plan around it and develop alternative strategies.

Pride & Joy, HPPT and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Sorry that happened. I have had my business robbed a few times. I had my 1000R stolen back in 86 in Texas, but fortunately nothing in my home.

cincigp likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

I experienced that at my new shop and it so pissed me off. The next time I told them I could see a weapon on the guy walking on our property and they got him.

9. Boman Forklift

This actually makes sense. We never crate trained. Our now 13 year old dog had to have leg surgery about a year ago, because he would jump off the couch or bed all the time and tweaked himself.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That sucks to hear Rob. Glad it was just a painting falling.

BTW..did the painting look like one of these???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift, cbush and vfrket like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

No, and not 100% sure that is what it is yet? I'm still at work and had a long day today and realized I hadn't come on here since that original stress filled post, so I thought I should. My wife and I are both guessing that is what it is, without some hard facts. That house had a problem in that same area before. The builder redid the windows and fireplace on that wall after we got wetness all over the carpet in that room. Then we put in laminate and after a few years and a wet rainy season the laminate starts to have an issue. So we had the roof repaired, they probably haven't found everything, because last rainy season we noticed the paint on the concrete section on the floor has some bubbles, but so far the new LVP is fine.

They joys of home ownership when the builder and our couple repair guys can't figure out where the problem is. When the builder fixed it they even ran sprinklers all over the side of the house trying to recreate a leak after the repair.

12. Boman Forklift

I need to go home, will have to look at the rest of the responses later.

Thank you everyone for your support, I really appreciate it!!!!

I had a new mechanic start today and he seems great so far. Fired an unreliable mechanic last week, which was a real bummer to have to do.

Interviewed a potential additional parts guy about 30 minutes ago, and he seems like he could be a great fit.

cBJr likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Rob,
    Glad all is well and sometimes your posts should just have a warning how they’ll want you to be a better person… ;) not me I have no room for improvement but others for sure… :)

hug your wife and thank Stacey’s mom for throwing you back to her Dude, you deserve it my man.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Firing someone is gut wrenching. Made me way more careful with the hiring process to minimize having to do it. My wife has a lot more experience with it than I do... it doesn't eat at her like it did me. Call center management has lots of turnover, though. Comes with the territory.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Honestly, why would you crate your dogs? If you want
    dogs, have dogs and let them live in the house, don't
    put them in a tiny cage. I wouldn't even consider putting
    an animal I love in prison when I'm not home. Sure, maybe
    your house will get damaged when you're not there but if you
    need to punish your dog for being home alone, you don't need
    a dog. They are living beings with feelings that don't deserve
    to be punished for your convenience. I would be embarrassed to
    post what you did. You had home security that you tied up and
    made useless.
    And after reading the rest of the thread before posting this, to
    suggest that your dog getting hurt jumping off the couch justifies
    crating him is ridiculous, that could have happened at any time.
    You can make an excuse like that concerning any bad thing that
    happens. "If only I hadn't done this then that bad thing wouldn't
    have happened". It's just looking to lay blame where there is no
    blame to be made. Shit happens and that's just the way life is.
    You could just as easily say that if you didn't have the dog at all
    the dog wouldn't have gotten hurt. A spouse that tried to
    blame me for the dog getting hurt because he wasn't crated
    would be sleeping alone for being a know-it-all asshole.

16. Boman Forklift

I agree, and we do have a dog, but weirdly he didn’t bark. Maybe he didn’t smell anyone and that’s why he didn’t bark? But the crashes were loud, so it is odd he remained quiet. When he and I get up early in the morning, he does bark at the sprinklers coming on, and there is no one but us present?

17. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: Yes exactly!!! That picture is newer, last 5 years or so, and I couldn’t even remember what it looked like until we picked it up when I got home last night. I liked the old one we had up there for the first 20 or so years much better. Plus it never fell. :D

I got sent to the principles office in junior high for wearing that Farrah picture on my t-shirt. They made me turn the shirt inside out and finish the day.

Here is the guilty picture.

IMG_2008.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  18. Boman Forklift

My wife is the same way. When I was younger I remember thinking I couldn’t pull the trigger, now I no longer have that feeling.

19. Boman Forklift

Thanks, hope to meet you at a track somewhere, someday!!!!

:whoosh:

Not sure what this means, movie reference? Or is this a reference to the chick I went out with and met my wife?

I had to come back to this one. My wife claims I hung it, I sure don’t remember doing it. :crackup::crackup:

Well, I will use the great advice from someone on here and use screws next time.

Thank you, I need to look into this. I have cameras I installed outside in the back and side yard and a ring door bell. But it isn’t a full system. I’ve honestly never wanted to deal with keying in a code every time I come home or leave like I have to do at my office.

I hate to spend the money on another monitoring service, but I’m guessing the home ones cost less than ADT charges for business monitoring. In reality, if it makes my wife feel better, I need to do it.

That had to be so scary too, did they get the peeping Tom?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  20. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Glad it was just a picture for the OP and + a million to this. Thinking you’re ready and having a practiced plan are VERY different. I’ve always heard in the self defense world that you revert to your lowest form of training and this made me a firm believer.

We are in an apartment right now while our house is finished up and the heat is causing issues in the elevator room that makes it thinks it’s on fire.

A couple weeks ago the fire alarm went off and to say we were a shit show is the understatement of the year. The four year old was losing his mind because the complex alarm is LOUD, we walked out without the dogs (we didn’t get far), everybody thought it was a false alarm and just stumbled around bitching about it…it was bad.

We talked about it and practiced a few times and I’m proud to say the fire alarm went off at 4am a few days ago and we nailed it.

beac83 and Boman Forklift like this.