Racers in Michigan

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Ian_Fletcher, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ian_Fletcher

Ian_Fletcher Well-Known Member

Hi, I've moved to SE Michigan from the UK last year & would like to hear from any racers / enthusiasts in the area.
    I raced at club level in the UK for many years including 6 times at the Manx GP and have been missing it!
    Thanks
    Ian

2. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Manx gp nice! The season for our region is over. STT has a couple trackdays yet this fall at Grattan and Gingerman.
    Most of the racers I know are out on the East side of Detriot. But there are a number of racers in the area.
    Plan on racing next year? We need more on the grid.

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the Mitten. Tons of us racers in the area and yours truly working at the best apparel and race parts shop in the US - Sportbike Track Gear

4. speedyGabe

speedyGabe Member

Welcome to the great 4 season's state of Michigan :) (maybe I shouldn't say great because I can't ride all year lol)

It's got a great community, especially for trackdays! www.sportbiketracktime.com is the best!!!! We have Gingerman Raceway and Grattan Raceway and they both are a blast! Even Gingerman with bumps, tar strips and all :D

If you ever need help transporting a bike to a trackday/race, PM me.. I got extra room in the trailer!

5. Moving to Michigan immediately made you 2 seconds slower per lap. :D

6. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

awww shit. heads up Chris we are working on a ex250 grid to come show you southerners whats up.

7. :crackup:

I have never even sat on a 250 (nor an SV) but i am thinking about getting one just because the shit talking is always fantastic. :D

8. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Me either, its going to be a blast.

9. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Hello Michiganers (or whatever you call yourselves). There is a friendly regional racing series just across the border in Canada. SOAR have two race events left at Grand Bend Ontario which is less than an hour drive from Port Huron. Check the SOAR web site for series classes. Next race is this weekend upcoming. Get your bike back out of hibernation and come over to join us. parillaguy

10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Michigan Ian.

Come out and race with us in WERA North Central next year, and some SportbikeTrackTime as the guys mention.

what are you planning to ride/race?

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Welcome. Lots of Michigan racers in the area. The track days with Sportbike Track Time are generally packed year-round. It'd be great to get more racers in the area racing.