race suit help..

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheeliest, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Well,
    im 6'1'' 160lbs, im borrowing a friends dianese 46 and the collar sort of chokes me in full tuck and its a little large., all the researching i have done i haven't found anything for some one tall and skinny/ un-proportionate.. anybody in the same boat find a solution?

i want to buy a new suit and want to get something some what close with out needing it to be completely tailored

2. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1" and 165 and wearing a size 42 US 52 EURO in the Alpinestars MX-1 suit. Hope that helps.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wow... you guys are skinny. Ive got 20lbs on yas... wear a 46 in most off the rack suits.

4. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

I am 6'2" about 150lbs and wearing a 40US A*

5. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

I can get you a custom suit for around $450. All the goodies.

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

well I am 6'7 205 pounds and I where a 58 and that shit is still to small :(

7. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1", 180 lbs, and a 36" inseam. I tried on about 10 different one-piece suits and none of them fit even close. Custom was the only way to go.

Remember, if your suit is too loose, the armor may shift upon impact, and not do it's job. Too tight and you can cut off circulation, which isn't something you want out there.

Now there's quite a few guys/places that can do a custom suit for a reasonable price.

Make sure you get measured with the back protector that you plan to use, or at least talk to the tailor about it. A good suit guy should know how to compensate, but some protectors are quite a bit thicker than others. Found this out the hard way.

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

RS-Taichi has Japanese sizing for their suits which may help you out. My son is about your size (maybe a little skinnier) and their 3L Slim fits him as good or better than the custom Komodo that it replaced. Great quality suit as well. :up:

http://www.rs-taichi.com/main/leather/NXL100.html

9. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I'm 6'0" 150lbs I was wearing a size 40 Alpinestars. I have a RS-Taichi NXL100 now. I got a Japanese size LL Regular. The 3L Slim was a little too long for me. Very nice suits.

10. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I'm 6ft, 245 with a 33" inseam. I just ordered a custom suit from PSi.

11. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I'm 6'1" 155 and ended up going with a Trackskinz custom.

Fits great, and Wayne is awesome!

12. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

I am 6' 175lb. I have a Alpinestar suit and it is a 46. I have that same choke me problem when my back protector is not on right. I have to make sure the back protector is not riding up my back to far or my leathers will really choke me.