1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Soft Pilot for $103

Discussion in 'General' started by mtiberio, Feb 21, 2001.

1. wera122

wera122 Guest

So does this mean you have that XXXL helmet on order? You're the man alright. The man I love to hate. [​IMG]

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

thiam, before you think im bieng to supportive. remeber i am a trackside vendor. i sell bridgestones. so i fax my orders and put them on myself while supporting a trackside vendor. funny huh?

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

The vendor part isn't funny, but you sure are. Funny looking that is! HA HA HA! [​IMG]

4. stickboy274

dont make me curse your tires. you know i can

5. wera122

wera122 Guest

So that's what you did at TGPR. No wonder the rear was shagged after 3 races on Sunday. Damn you Stickboy! If I give you beer at Roebling, will you quit doing that?

6. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

Just to stir things up... was pointed to Avon Racing DOT's at tiresunlimited.com in SV sizes for $95 front and $126 rear.

BTW, while at first glance an SV might seem like a sideways Guzzi, however one bike is much more sophisticated. Guess which bike came/comes stock with:

tapered rollers in the steering head and swingarm pivot
    cartridge forks (albiet 35mm and junk)
    flat slide carbs (called square slide in their day, BTW)
    brembo brakes
    single plate dry clutch
    gear driven cam
    undercut transmission gears

if you guessed a 70's era Moto Guzzi over the 2000 SV you guessed right... =8^O

7. stickboy274

the real problem with ordering your tires out of a place like that is you dont know how old they are. my tires come from the factory in japan to my supplier to me. but if your not planning on going fast i guess that doesnt matter.