1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 QS Help (Woolich)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by wheelz96, May 27, 2021.

1. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

So, here is what I got going on... My race bike is a 2011 R6 that had a DynoJet QS hard wired to my flashed ECU. I do not know who flashed my ECU and what software was used so I bought a stock ECU and flashed it on a dyno with Woolich. My bike had a terrible flat spot in the higher revs which caused me to want to re-flash.

Since I dynod and flashed the new ECU I no longer have the QS function with my DynoJet. (I did enable it in race tools with both options of shift patterns). My understanding is now I need a Woolich QS to work with my woolich flashed ECU.

Can I hard wire the DynoJet QS into the ECU harness where the EX-UP pin is? I was told Woolich uses the EX-UP for their QS. If this is true, does anyone know what pin in the stock harness this is?

I do have a PC5 I never installed and I know I can install that and make it work but was seeing if I can just change where the QS harness attaches to the ECU harness. Is this possible with Woolich?

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I ran into some issues with the Woolich system and my own QS. It does plug into the stock exhaust valve pin location, I know that. However, if you call the US support, they will tell you how to install it as I know there are people who use other brand shifters with the Woolich.

wheelz96 likes this.
  3. wheelz96

Thanks for the reply. I really just wanted to know it's possible... US Support has of course told me that Woolich software is designed to work only with Woolich hardware which sounds like a sales pitch to me...

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Woolwich uses strain gauge switches. A binary switch like the DJ/Translogic switches won't work.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  5. This. Think of it as one strategy looks for an on / off (1/0) and the other looks for a value (assume Woolrich is 0-5v but haven’t checked that exact one).

6. wheelz96

Well it sounds like my only option is to hook up the PC5 to allow my DJ quickshifter to work. My ECU is flashed with Woolich software. I can use my PC5 only for the QS function without messing around with my AFR and settings in the ECU, correct?