1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about the Wera/MoM round at Miller

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by ZiaThunder, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

I know it's a more then a month away, but I'm a person who needs to plan and have detailed info. I'd hate to make the 12 hour drive and then not be able to pass tech, or some such thing. I've read the rule books for both and checked websites, but there are still some things that aren't clear.

1st is this the schedule for this year too?
    http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/2008Schedules/miller052310.pdf

Who's responsible for registration? Licenses, do I need to fill out a Wera first time membership form?

Who's handling Tech? I know that it passes MoM tech, but from reading the rulebook there might be a couple of things I need to still do for Wera.

Is it possible to do some of the MoM races and Wera races? Exp: I'd like to do both Women's classes, since they don't appear to be running at the same time.

2. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

Bump back up the list in hopes that someone will offer up some information. I haven't been able to get much from the UtahSBA guys either.

Anyone????

3. Maxrr

Maxrr Well-Known Member

If I may piggyback on your thread, what is the situation with the fri trackday? Is it true that if you haven't ridden there before, you won't be able to attend that Friday practice? No exceptions for out-of-state WERA racers? That seems pretty ridiculous to me, if that's the case...

4. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

I ran in to that one last year when I went out there for the last MoM round. They have a some type of orientation for people who hadn't been there before. I was told that it was for new track riders, those of us with race licenses didn't have to do their orientation. I just signed up for the track day and no one asked me for any proof of having a license or having been there before.

5. Maxrr

Maxrr Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's good to know. On the website, they make it sound like everyone new to that track, no matter how much experience, has to take their T.O.R.D.E. class. And they don't offer it that weekend...

6. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

The current schedule for that rounds events has not been posted yet.
    You could register for the races there in person, but a new member form will probably be required. There are sometimes one weekend event memberships offered, but if not, a new one year membership will be required. If you currently hold a license to another org., WERA may recognise it, and not require a riders school. Contact WERA directly for more details at [email protected].
    Tech is handled at the track by WERA officials. If you are clear with another org, you you probably be close enough for wera tech. If not, I'm sure others will be willing to help you get what is lacking. The tech officials are more than willing to tell you exactly what they are looking for, and will not have you putting safety wire on every nut and bolt...unless you piss them off. just kidding!
    As for running the MoM races and WERA races, I don't see why not, but you will have to compare schedules for both orgs, and see if it is feasible.

Good luck, and see you out there.
    Dan the man
    #672 novice

7. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

BUMP

Thanks Dan.

I'd already sent an email, but I tried again.

I didn't have any luck getting answers from the MoM guys this past weekend when I was out there, either. They all said ask the Wera guys.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soon as I get a chance to sort out the answers I'll let you know.

9. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

Thank you!