Question??

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by JimboC, Sep 3, 2010.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Still simply amazing. Leaving Andy hanging out in the wind. Especially for something not even legitimate. So very nice.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

exactly like i thought, no sac.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still no answer from someone who likes to talk as much as Monte? Interesting to say the least.

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Indeed I am one who likes to talk and even debate but Todd asks questions he knows every answer to, so in reality it is not very interesting at all.

Lastly, I never spoke with Faynisha.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

It seems very fair to let people know why Andy was set up to never be able to do a track day for STT as a corner worker again. Seems most here think its because of the incident on the track, which is apparently incorrect. Why is it fair to leave Andy taking the blame for something he didn't do wrong? Further, leaving the situation open for not only trackday riders but racers to question if there is something wrong with how Andy performs his duties?

Quite simply, you are leaving him hanging out to dry. Period.

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and once again, no sack.

7. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I think I have the chain of events as follows.

1 it is raining
    2 1 corner marshall at stand
    3 bike crashes over crest of hill
    4 session is stopped/red flag for wreck
    5 riders are slowing, instructor is gathering his students to exit
    6 CM leaves stand and flags to go on track to assist downed rider

Is he on radio to be advised of approaching bikes? Who is watching his back protecting him?

I have always been told there are 3 major rules while on course of importance
    1 yourself
    2 riders still on course
    3 downed rider

8. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Apparently you don't real well......

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

It has been established the Andy did his job correctly. The problem is, this is apparently NOT why he was banned from working STT events, yet Monte won't say why he was banned.

10. STT-Rider

Read this entire thread and you'll find my comments about Andy's on-track performance. (Hint... they were not negative.)

For the record Andy has my cell phone as does his father Todd. It was supplied to Todd (along with a detailed email) on day one of this situation and prior prior to Todd's public outburst and smear campaign.

Due to an indiscretion on his part and the subsequent chain of events, I asked FBF not to schedule Andy for future events until myself and the appropriate staff was able to discuss the situation and determine what a permanent/long-term solution should be. Todd went off the reservation and the rest as they say is history.

It's time to move on.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I have read this entire thread. And at no point did you come back and correct ANY comments on here regarding Andy's on track performance until this point. Nowhere.

As far as indiscretions, what would they be? And why shouldn't it come out here? Are you trying to hide something? Again, this effects how Andy is perceived to the rest of the WERA racers also since he does cornerwork for WERA races.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He could see the track all the way back to T9 corner station. The only person with an issue was the OP who was looking behind himself at other riders rather than looking where he was going. The CW knew where he was, what he was doing, and had already planned where he'd run if the OP continued to ignore what was ahead of him.

And non of that is why he was "fired" by Monte.

13. STT-Rider

My Post #16 (pasted below) sums up my opinion clearly. It is noteworthy that at this point in the thread I had no idea as to the identity of the corner worker and if I had know it would have made no difference in my opinion below.

A corner worker (at least in well run situations like we are used to) would ask for and be granted permission to do this. If control says "GO" then we have to place our trust in the fact that they are making a good call based on a lot more info than we as riders have at our disposal while on-track.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously? All the bullshit you've spouted via email to me and others and that is all you've got to say in public?

I though you were someone who would actually stand behind what they say. Evidently I was wrong in that assessment. Sad really.

Admit it Monte - Andy and Todd - as father and son - had a conversation at the end of the day and it was mentioned there was a chopper transport. Todd pasted on GSB as people usually do asking for the normal prayers and thoughts for the rider (who has since posted in that thread that he's doing great) and you flipped the fuck out. Since we both know HIPAA would never cover anything generic about a rider being in a chopper since everyone at the track knew it happened there has to be another reason.

All it comes down to is you used it as an excuse to get back at Todd - not caring that you did so at the expense of the reputation of a great corner worker. Why is it you won't just man up and say that? There was no short term "until myself and the appropriate staff was able to discuss the situation".

Do you seriously think that the people involved in this sport don't talk to each other? Do you seriously think all of the stuff you've said/done over the years isn't common knowledge? Be happy we know Bonnie runs things ;)

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

But you just indicated above that he did nothing wrong on the track. Are you back to saying he did? Why are you evading the question so much?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so now you're trying to use the initial on track thing as the reason?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am sorry, you are correct, you spoke to Tony. I'm not looking for a debate, merely to see if you'll actually admit in public that you used Andy to get at Todd because of your own personal issues with Todd and not because of Andy's abilities or professionalism as a corner worker. I don't give a shit about you and Todd and your pissing match but I do really like Andy and the longer this bullshit goes on the more I dislike it.

18. STT-Rider

I have not called Andy's on-track performance into question and never have, and his reputation as a corner worker if tarnished was not done so at my choosing or encouragement.

19. STT-Rider

Absolutely not.. the opposite in fact. I assumed that the corner worker saw a situation, had been in contact with control and had been authorized to go on-track.

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.