1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Sunday race & tech

Discussion in 'General' started by Frenchier6, May 28, 2009.

1. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

Didn't mean to start shit... And I will do my best to be there on time

V~

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

common sense would tell you its better to have practiced before you ride. but its not unrealistic to not practice. i've done it several times when the weathers been bad...rain at savannah, snow at talladega, rain at last year's gnf, etc....

now i'll just wait on strick's smartass comment. :D

3. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

I've done that once last year at Grattan.... Rained all morning, race senior that afternoon but I do agree that practice makes things better.

I do obey the rules but since I didn't know that one, I had to ask. I now know the answer and that's the end of it :up:

But you all can give some smartass comment back to KRIS87 :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Never practiced in the rain either. It made no financial sense to me. :D

5. danch

danch Well-Known Member

If I'm racing at a track that I've done 100s of laps at (I've practiced for 5 years), what will I learn in a 15 minute practice? It's different If I need to give a change an installation lap or feel out a change or something. It'd be different with a 45 minute practice, for that matter. It's different at a track I don't know so well, of course. It's different if I want to get a feel for the guys I'm racing against. But just to go out and ride around, as opposed to stay in the pits and make sure i've got my shit together?

I guess what I'm getting at is that while there are a lot of good reasons to practice, I don't see one that always applies.

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Not practicing because you are a little wuss is a little different that pulling up to the track at noon and rolling the bike out of the trailer right on to the grid.

Good enough. :D

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

weak. :Poke: :D

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

if you get there late and you're not in the first race, you could always take a scrub lap so you know which way the track turns ;)

9. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

ha!

:bow:

too too :crackup: !!!!

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

No race without practice is sound practice. Safer for all involved.