1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality fuel lines

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vance, Jul 20, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

Anything special needed for MR12/race fuel, and in general who sells good quality clear fuel line?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Why clear? I've never seen any clear line that will last as long as plain black automotive fuel line.

3. vance

vance *

I suppose so we can see all of the rust going into the carbs from our 25 year old gas tanks.
    Last few bikes I've had worked on come back with (not clear but) transparent blue or yellow fuel lines. I'm guessing it's a fad that will pass. I've looked but all I see is dirt cheap stuff from Home Depot that's probably for a weed eater.

4. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've played with Tygon and the blue stuff that Motion Pro sells, so far I'm liking the blue stuff slightly better. The Tygon is almost too soft and will form a kink if given the opportunity.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I like Tygon line for brake reservoir applications, but it kinks under fuel tanks and the clamps tend to damage the ends after repeated on-off. For your application, I feel it's better to use a thicker wall, nylon reinforced premium fuel line. Motion Pro sells that stuff as well.

7. vance

vance *

Premium fuel line from motion pro looks like a winner.
    No specific reason for the clear aside from the coolness factor but if it's more likely to link under the tank I may go with a regular line instead.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I put a spring over the feed line from my tank to keep it from kinking, FYI.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Since you seem to be set on one type of fuel line, you should do that and go ride. No more need to hang out here.

10. vance

vance *

:) Sunday is just around the corner

Edit: any of you guys going to Tally end of August? Would like to put a face to the names. This place is an awesome pool of knowledge