1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putnam Park

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by unclepaulie, Apr 6, 2010.

1. unclepaulie

unclepaulie Well-Known Member

Anyone heading to putnam at the end april with Cycleoptions. Hope to see some peeps there. I'm in for both days.

2. mmmbort

mmmbort Member

I'll be there both days as well. This event can't come soon enough.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Go figure, I sign up up for vacation the week my home track is booked both weekends. I had to drive all the way to Atlanta to get to my season opener! Have fun everybody.

4. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

I shall be there assuming it doesn't rain.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Signed up for saturday :)

6. TrackF3

TrackF3 Well-Known Member

Signed up for both day with Cycleoptions, maybe both weekends.

7. TrackF3

Inpayne what group did you signup for? Are you going to be riding the bike in the avatar?

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Both days, Both weekends, spring and fall.

Black 95 YZF600

9. inpayne

I group, i've never been to this track, and I don't think I am quite ready for A group.

And yes sir, unless something catastrophic happens between now and then.

10. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

ill be there both days!!! intermediate first day, and prolly step up to advanced the second day if my bike holds up..... :up:

11. inpayne

Would anyone possibly be able to lend me a back protector for the day? I've always borrowed my friend's in wisconsin, but I don't live there anymore, and I don't think I will quite have the cash for one soon enough. I'm a hair over 6 foot if that helps.

Thanks

12. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

I'll be there riding intermediate.

13. TrackF3

I have two back protectors that I take with me. One is a 7 plate teknic and I can't think what the other one is. I'll look to see what it is when I get home.

14. inpayne

Awesome thanks.

If I get enough cash in time I will buy my own obviously, but I don't think I will have my paycheck by then :/

15. Warpspeed

Warpspeed Active Member

I'll be there sunday. All red 600rr. I also need a back protector....if anyone could hook me up that would be awesome!

16. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

I want to be there on Sunday but I see they have three groups, sport street(which I assume is similar to a novice) and then to race bike groups(I and A). I want to sign up for a novice but my bike is a race bike. I wonder if that will cause a problem since their site states they will check the street bike for mirrors removed and lenses taped:confused: Any ideas?

17. inpayne

I'm sure it would be just fine.

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

It won't be a problem in tech. Just make sure that if you sign up as Novice (street/sport) you play nice with the others in the group. If you have tech questions I will be in the AM tech area or at my trailer in the cold pit area.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Kenny doesn't care what the bike is so long as it is safe. You should honestly sign up for the Intermediate class.

Depending on who shows for the A group, you've got a pretty large gap. When I went last I was testing out the new 600 and hanging out in the 17's while Stymie and some CR's were in the 15's and 16's. The gap in there is usually down to about the 25's. The closing speeds in T1 get pretty steep.

20. inpayne

Any tips for the track? I've never been there.