Project LW Entry for TT Isle of Man

Discussion in 'General' started by Olympus Racing, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

ah that makes more sense that it d be the same person. My plan is not very far from what you are suggesting. I am just looking at 4 years instead of 5 because I have some other plans in my life as well.

2014 was my second year racing, but first year racing at other tracks besides New Hampshire Motor Speedway (LRRS is 7 rounds/year).

So I am looking at 2 years as an AM, 2.5 years (2015,2016 and few rounds in 2017) as an EX, a visit to the isle as a spectator, a visit to the isle of the Manx and FINALLY racing the TT.

2. Olympus Racing

I dont think I am dismissing any advice, if anything I came here asking for advice.
    The only part that I disagreed with was the cost for the radiator. Maybe my sources are better or maybe my sources are BS.

I am taking everything people say here in consideration and researching it. I didnt mean to come off as I know it all and dont care what people say, because in fact it is the exact opposite. I dont know shit about the bike or the race conditions.

3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Race a SV, ER's are junk. :)

4. Olympus Racing

i wasnt able to find a 2008+ SV in time to start building it

5. swiest152

in time? You have 2 years+

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Olympus, how old are you?

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite. ER'a are proven to be a better machine for the roads and can handle a higher spec engine build without going pop.

8. gpstar748

While I don't disagree with you one could have said the same about me back in 2008 when I decided it was something I wanted to do...I made the decision to jump into real road racing and proved I could do it and proved myself worthy of a TT entry. I had 2 partial seasons of expert racing under my belt when I took the plunge.

The qualifications for a "TT license" are not even applicable to whether or not you'll be accepted/invited. An ACU TT Mountain Course license is just something you need to be eligible to compete and pretty much anyone who races can get one...it does not mean you'll be accepted into the TT or even the Manx for that matter.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I think he's being sarcastic. He's always posting shit like that on Copoulos FB page :)

10. swiest152

No, they are junk.

What is sarcastic? Is that the ER grave yard?

I am well aware of what the quacker can do and why it's so popular in the EU, Brandon.

11. gpstar748

Lightweight bikes are gay anyways...

:p

12. swiest152

1.6% of the population is gay. More then 1.6% of the racing population races lightweight. While some of the lightweights may be gay, not all of them are gay. However 100% of the gay lightweights are Ninja 650's.

13. gpstar748

:crackup:

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

sooo...tell us which Ninja 650 did you wrong :Poke:

15. swiest152

How do you know you're not gay if you haven't tried it?

Well I tried the ninja 650. It didn't feel right, so I went back to being straight with the SV.

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Not a single SV at the TT last year. Wonder why

17. swiest152

because ryan farquhar says so

18. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Because a 105hp SV won't last 1500 race miles without a rebuild, whereas a 105hp ER will ;)

19. swiest152

105 ER won't either. :)

They are about 90hp.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Agreed, however I know of some boosted Kawi 650's :) The 700cc Flat Trackers are putting out around 100.