1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POW Christmas card request

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dunlop, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1096523

A POW? He walked off base! Fuck Bergdahl. If you're stupid enough to walk off base by yourself in God damned Afghan, you deserve what you get. I think we should still rescue him or secure his release, he is an American soldier. Once he's home, demote him to E-1 and jettison him from the Army.

3. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

No, fuck SGVRider!

Kick him in the nuts after he arrives stateside, I do not disagree with what you wrote but there is a time and place which is not now. Shit happens; the kid made a very poor decision under extreme stress that I am sure he now regrets and can see the big picture resulting from his actions.

Bergdahl had already completed a previous Afghanistan deployment with the Army which is 100% more dedication than most patriotic Americans can say they have sacrificed for their country especially those who have never served in the armed forces or law enforcement community.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I wouldn't lable him as a POW.. And I am a Veteran. If he didn't want to go back he could have went AWOL stateside.

Seems stupid and cowardice. Remember. He signed up. He was not drafted.

5. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

If we dont label anybody we snatch from there as POW's then neither is this guy (or any American detainee). He would be an enemy combatant to the Tban.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't care if he's AWOL, or walked off or any of that.

We've all done shit out of the heat of the moment while not thinking of consequences.

Fortunately, all mine have been simply sitting in a cell thinking about how stupid I was for a few hours/days.

This is an American soldier who needs us. I could not imagine a family member, friend or even Mr. Sunshine having to he in that scenario and I certainly can feel for him. (And I'm an ass-hole)

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rolleyes:

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You're right, fair enough. I wasn't aware he already had a previous deployment, that gives me a lot more sympathy for him regardless of how he got himself captured. I will point out there are plenty of other soldiers who were in the same situation and didn't do anything like that. I know guys who went 3 times, 4 times, my old platoon sergeant had 5 of them under his belt.

Who knows what happened though? It's possible he suffered from undiagnosed traumatic brain injury or PTSD. I remember hearing of a case of a SFC in Iraq who was busted to SPC after he started acting crazy. Come to find out he had suffered a TBI that caused his change in behavior. It does piss me off that other soldiers were put in harms way because of his stupidity.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He must be alright in the Army's eyes. They did promote him to Sergeant, after all, in 2011.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're automatic as long as you don't screw up aren't they?