Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

LOL ....want and can have are two very different things lol.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

check the hub(near cassette) on them Rolf wheels. Apparently they all crack. That being said you can get some new take off wheels for well under $200/set.

3. Thanks. Will do. I think I'll buy a complete set of wheels regardless. Any good suggestions on what to look for on a used set of wheels? Brand/etc?

4. So many questions. Figuring out crank length (175mm?), stem length, bars, which controls (the shifters and all), brakes and what bars to run. The group set is the sprocket, bb, derailer and cassette right? I need to figure out which one to buy. I know it was suggested earlier to find something with a 105? I believe this bike was originally a 10 speed. So I need to find 10 speed setup, correct?

If there's a place I can just read this stuff that's actually pretty concise please direct me! I only ask here because I don't know where else to go. After sleeping on it I'm pretty excited to put this thing together.

5. TurboBlew

Any of the brand names will suffice. Shimano, Mavic, etc. 10sp stuff is pretty common. I would try to see if any local shops have "take off" group sets.

6. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

[​IMG]

Here is my old road bike. 69 Peugeot px-10 Reynolds 531 tubing campy wheel set, it's old and rough but rides great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23k5 likes this.
  7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

This Fat Rat isn't a road bike, but we do have a good selection of road bikes on the way to us.

If you want a KTM bicycle we will have stock next month. [​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/ will have a lot of the info you seek. What size is the frame and how tall are you is a good starting point ?

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

10. TurboBlew

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Never seen the road.
    Fuji Absolute 1.3 Flat Bar Road Bike - 2013

[​IMG]

12. egomezent

egomezent Well-Known Member

New frame and wheels, still working on component build.
    Love her so far

Attached Files:

13. sharky nrk

OK so I have been thinking about getting another set of wheels for my bike. Not $$$ race wheels but like some take off style cheap wheels for not so nice weather rides and whatever - very budget oriented kinda deal. I have no idea what to look for and what would be a good deal but I see this ebay store has some wheelsets. Bike has a full 105 groupset and is a 10 ring rear cassette. Help?

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Never seen the maid either! :Poke::Poke::Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_...&SubCategory=Parts: Wheels and Wheelsets-Road
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/bicycle-wheels/best-bicycle-wheel-deals.htm

16. sharky nrk

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The Vuelta XRP wheels on either site at $149 shipped are solid wheels. I have a set of the Team SL wheels that have been trouble free for a few years now on one bike.
    You can spend a lot more for wheels, but 9 times out of 10 it isn't necessary.

18. sharky nrk

Perfect, thank you so much.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i had vuelta wheels once upon a time when i was first first starting to get back into bikes like 10-11 years ago. wheel bearings like a bag of loose change that has sat out in the rain and seized itself together. i had those Mavic Cosmic Carbone Premium SL's on my road bike before i switched to mountain biking. they never needed truing or skipped a beat and the hubs are awesome as shit. i bought a brand new set from Crosslakes on ebay just like that set for $700 new (retail was $1600). i hover around 200lbs. too. a dope set of wheels is one of the best upgrades for a road bike you can buy, and unlike Zipps or Obermeyers or SRAMs or whatever... these won't set you back $2000-5000 for a pair.

20. Talk to me goose. What's the road bike stuff setting us back?