Post up your "NEW" and "AFFORDABLE" health care rate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Medicare does nothing to control the costs of providing care, it limits the cost of that care paid by the insurance provider (the government).
    This just causes the actual costs to be shifted by the providers to other consumers who don't have the force of government mandate behind them.
    I even had one of my doctors tell me one day (and she has an Obama sticker on her car) that one of the big problems with Medicare is that it doesn't demand enough co-payment from patients, so they over-use it.

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

You forgot they also look at your credit report also.:rolleyes:

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

What costs an insurance company more, a woman pumping out babies or woman who doesn't?

Frankly, I think that neither one of us want the other's kids to be adding to the gene pool. :D

4. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

5. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

52 dollars a month for United Health Care Choice Plus PPO , up from 49 dollars a month
    Metlife PPO dental for 7 dollars a month, did not change
    Vision free

6. In Your Corner

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why do you presume I disagree? I have a major problem with federal insurance subsidies for coastal areas.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  8. In Your Corner

Tell me about it. Not to mention the huge bailout for hurricane Sandy victims who built houses where they shouldn't have been built to begin with, and who are rebuilding those same houses risk-free again.
    Because what's the chances of ever having another hurricane?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are only allowed to bitch about the profits of big pharma and big oil. Obviously you can't bitch about Apple's profits because everyone "needs" an iPhone.

10. In Your Corner

I just went to one of those fake iPhone sites (http://www.fakephonetext.com/) to make a funny reply for this conversation. Went through the process, hit the download button and instead of downloading the image, it sends you to an ad for free Assurance phones.

:crackup:

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

My current plan $476/mo with max out of pocket $2500, New and improved ACA plan through same provider (Cigna) $959.76 and $5000 max out of pocket. Hmmm. Should I switch? :rolleyes:

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

13. earacing

earacing Race Dad

No, it's not. The correct analogy would be forcing consumers who carry liability on their cars to carry collision or pay a fine.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

LOL, you just aren't thinking it through to the logical conclusion. I shouldn't be surprised, I supposed.

It is socialized medicine through a couple of factors. The most obvious is the pre-existing condition laws. Rates went up for people not in accordance with their risk profile. They went up due to several factors driven by the ACA, such as the aforementioned pre-existing regs.

It's socialized in that the costs are being moved from the "needy" to the "able". It's being done by force of law.

It's socialized. Your working off of a narrow, and incorrect definition of the term. Talk about dumbest shit on the beeb...

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wrong. The principle of freedom is paramount. It's sad that this isn't more obvious.

18. cooker1

cooker1 Well-Known Member

The ACA was passed to defer the costs of all the leaches that get free healthcare now and will continue to receive it while we all pay for them only now we pay more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

ok so add in financial responsibility.

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Return is directly related to risk. 8% net profit in todays markets for a service provider is not out of line.