Portland Antifa

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 21, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I get it, but this is all the ebb and flow of society. These people did not make up their beliefs, they were molded through either their experiences or those of somebody they respect. That's part of why I push so hard against the "fuck 'em, they should have known better" attitudes a lot of guys on here have, because when you do that, you eventually wind up with Portland. In the car business we used to say "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered", meaning that if you're greedy, it may pay off short term but longterm it'll bite you in the ass".

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What an absolute load of shit. You truly are amazing at making excuses for people.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're not "excuses". Do you have any concept of psychology or do you just assume that everyone has exactly the same brain and experiences as you?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I spent a large portion of my life working with the mentally ill so yeah, got an idea about psychology :crackup: Why do you think I can read you so well? Your fixes for these lazy people are the same as the shit that got them into the lazy mindset. Holding each of them personally responsible instead of blaming it all on the man is what will change that mindset.

FWIW I am not talking about dealing with racers for the last 30 years....

kangasj, tiggen and Knotcher like this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Big F'en Deal.

Try spending that much time being actually mentally ill. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The only people you want to hold accountable are
    the ones who deal with life's downsides and fulfill
    their obligations.
    The worst thing you can do for the incompetent,
    challenged, or just plain lazy is to take care of them
    like they're children, because when the time comes
    that there is no one left to take care of them, they're screwed.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Mentally ill is a whole different ballgame. And I don't want to insult you, but whatever you did with them, it wasn't research or psychotherapy, so it's moot.

"Read me so well"? That's your problem. You THINK you can read me but you really have no freaking idea. You keep trying to assume that you know what my motivations are by assuming I think the same way you are, just as you think you understand all these other people by assuming they should think the same way you do as well. I get that you've found yourself a niche and solidified your world view. You've got life "figured out", but you're nobody to speak for everyone else.

For instance, you want to "hold these people responsible" to teach them a lesson - assuming they think like you and will learn to make sound financial decisions and pay their debts. What if the lesson they learn winds up being hate and contempt, and they go into politics and push communism on us all so nobody has to go through what they did?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Negative. I want to hold the people who took advantage of the incompetent equally accountable. You say they're "like children", so in that sense, please explain to me why we have consent laws.................

10. In Your Corner

You need to engage in less projection and
    stick to facts and reality.

11. In Your Corner

No, I didn't say they are like children,
    I'm saying that you treat them like children.
    A very elitist attitude, btw, but typical for
    leftist geniuses, like yourself.
    You're just too smart for the rest of us.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Good luck Detroit played the game of letting it go to crap except the car areas, it did not end well. You either have rule of law or you don't. he-chose-poorly.jpg

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Starvation is a wonderful motivator....:D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People typically live,up, or down to, expectations. I expect more.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Portland is done for. That's why I mentioned living in an adjacent city. The homeless people don't cross the forest that separates them, and even when they do, Beaverton isn't having any shit for reasons I mentioned above. The Sheriff out this way is even named Pat Garrett, which still makes me laugh.

16. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Can you do a seamless lease “ something I made up” . For example, you have a lease with a tenant that ends on December 31 . Could you technically have a friend or a acquaintance sign a lease for January 1st ? Months before the tenants lease expires ? So if someone tries to squat in the home before you can find good tenants. You technically have the house already rented and the squatter basically have no rights ? I think the key here is, on the January 1st lease it’s dated months prior and notarized . Maybe take a $1 down payment with a cashiers check to make it legit .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    sheepofblue likes this.
  17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The Soft bigotry of low expectations.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh yeah. You’re an enigma. :rolleyes:

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

People aren’t responsible for their own actions. It’s society’s fault for conditioning them to behave illegally.

For such a proclaimed “smart” guy he sure does seem to be taken advantage of on a regular basis. It’s not my fault! I was manipulated by the system.

:crackup:

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

They are close to being on the same spectrum. :D