1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please keep forum member Gawarrior in your thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I consider Chad a very good friend of mine and a great racer/control rider. I found out this morning that at the R1 forum convention, they took a day to go dirtbiking and he case'd a jump, breaking his back in 5 places.

please keep him and a speedy recovery in your thoughts please :up:

http://forums.13x.com/member.php?u=5759

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Sorry to hear this news. Prayers sent.

3. Captain Squid

Thanks newbie (lol) I just heard from ym boss Chad had surgery today and had cracked/shattered 3 vertabrae and they are fused together.....starting to get some feeling back in his legs so it sounds good!!!!!

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Damn. Heal up quick Chad.

5. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

F

I hope your OK bro!

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

f@ck!!! He's a good dude, always took the shit about his name with a laugh. Heal up quick dude.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn...he said he was having a run of shitty luck when he blew the motor on the R1 at Tally. Heal up and hopefully this is the last of the bad luck.

8. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Oh no! He's an awesome guy, prayers and thoughts going his way. Please keep us updated.

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

never thought of that :crackup:

Best wishes healing up, Chad.

10. Captain Squid

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!!! You don't have to go that far now..............:p

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn Hate to hear that..... Hope he gets well soon......

12. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Get well and here's to a speedy recovery [​IMG]

13. healthhut

healthhut Expert #18

prayers sent bro.. Derrick

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Oh crap! :(

I first met Chad at a trackday at Barber in 2006. I had just bought a 2006 R6 that I was going to race-prep for AMA supersport. I found myself dicing with this fast steet-guy - Chad. I was real disappointed with the R6, was going way too slow, never got used to that bike and sold it after Barber AMA that year.

But I spent alot of time with Chad that day, and talked to him about racing. I explained what he needed to do, and he followd my advice. Of course, as soon as he started racing he was FAST. I watched with amazement as he started winning Novice races, then trophies.

Every time I saw him at the track he always waved hello to me - I always felt kinda responsible for getting him into this. I even told him about the BBS and how to find it online.

I am gutted to hear about his accident. I have been there myself. I know pretty much what is going through his head right now.

Well, I dunno - I'd like to call him, or contact him somehow....anyone have any way of getting in contact? Perhaps its too soon. I know I was not quite fully able to process all my early visitors.

Chad, if you are reading this - then watch out cos I"m coming to find ya!

15. Captain Squid

MarkB, your PM box is full

16. MarkB

I know....its a long story...can you send to mark_c_brereton @ yahoo.com

Thanks!

17. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a fast recovery

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Heal up soon, Chad! do i need to send Matt Elliot to make you get better? Praying for ya bro!

19. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

The same Chad that bought my YZ450 Supermoto? Damn, if that's the case, tell him I send my best wishes. I'll notify Reuben, too...

If he needs anything, please feel free to contact me.

Brian

20. MarkB

GREAT NEWS

I just got off the phone with Chad, and he is in great spirits.
    By some miracle, despite breaking 5 vertebrae, and basically destroying one of them, he has no spinal chord injury. To have that much damage and not to have suffered an SCI is quite extraordinary.

Of course, this is a significant injury with 6 month recovery time etc, and of course it sucks, but Chad realizes how very lucky he is.

chad thanks everyone for their well wishes too :up: