Playoff Hockey

Discussion in 'General' started by Cawk Star, Apr 19, 2010.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well it's for sure no Flyers fan can call Boston dirty. Some serious cheap shots by those guys during this series. Hartnell, Asham and Carcillo(sp) are all punks.

Damn good game though.

2. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

Im guessing that the Sharks will take it in game 5 at home today!

GO SHARKS!!! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!! :beer:

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I gotta hand it to the Canucks....They imploded and then regained their composure to keep the game interesting. Whoever wins this serires (cough....cough.....Blackhawks) will win the cup.

OBTW-Got a "when the hell are you going to shave" comment from the wife lastnight.:crackup:

4. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Detroit Red Wings in 7. Sharks got a freebe in game 3; but got shell shocked in 4 and will be on their heels tonight. If the wings win tonight it's anybody's series. Although history is totally against the Wings because only 2 teams have come back from a 3 game defeceit in the history of NHL playoffs...ever.

5. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

After Nashville, I fear nothing for the hawks. That was a scary trip!

6. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Pens all the way.

7. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

:(Wings B Gone

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

So sad...

NOT!!! :p

Now I just want to see the 'hawks, Canucks go quadruple OT in Game 7 while San Jose is cruising around on practice ice waiting for a winner. :D

Go Sharks!!! :clap:

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

WTF was THAT lastnight, the Hawks got their asses handed to them!! That was beyond painfull to watch. The Hawks just flat out did not play, they did not hustle, they didn't do shit except roll over and die.

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

You just described the Sharks in Game 4 against the Dead Things. :eek:

11. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

12. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Yep, zero heart in that one! :mad:

13. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Show some heart tonight Flyers.

14. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

Go sharks. I got season tickets. WEEEE!!!

15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:up:

I used to do 1/2 season with a co-worker and the actual owner of the seats. 3 rows off the glass (non-club seats) in the corner of the end the Sharks defend twice. It was pretty okay... :p

That was before my son started road racing and that sucked away all of my discretionary income (plus some). :eek:

No regrets but I did sit through some pretty crappy seasons. I really hope to see them go the distance this year. I can't imagine what this city would do if they make the finals and to win Lord Stanley's Cup would no doubt bring pandemonium. It's just funny seeing people around here jump on the ol' bandwagon. :D

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Great goal by LaPierre! Looks like it will be back to Pit for game seven.

17. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Go Montreal! I like their play

18. greenguy

greenguy Well-Known Member

Flyers game was awesome. Poor Boucher. I have not heard an update but that looked like a serious knee injury. Lets go Leighton. You looked good last night.

19. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

After last nights game, I'd say YES we can. Boston resorted to cheap shots all night, especially the boarding on Giroux by Begin. But hey, that's what playoff hockey is all about. Both teams are banged up. At least Boston has the luxury of having last years Vezina winner sitting on the bench. The Flyers goaltending situation this season reminds me of Spinal Taps' drummers issues. Hopefully we can force a game 7 where anything can happen which I'd bet is make the PENS fans awfully nervous right about now. :Poke:

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'll give you Begin's hit on Giroux but "cheap shots all night"? Come on, after last game that's just whining. :D

Flyers looked damn good last night. They were ready to play. Damn shame about Boucher. I literally cringed when I saw that live. I was actually yelling at the TV trying to get the trainers to him quicker. The damn announcers where trying to figure out what happened and I was like were you not watching the game. It was obvious his knee was trashed. He got the right knee out barely but couldn't get the left free. :(

Leighton should do fine in his place. I hope Boucher's knee isn't too torn up.